Medical Journal Reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Groove

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any good books for me to suggest to residents reviewing statistical basics and how to go about reading and identifying good medical research studies vs bad ones? I'm always harping to some of the residents that rotate through with us about the benefits of journal clubs in residency (good study vs bad study and "does it change your practice?", etc..) but never know what basic books to recommend to them. I forget the one we read in residency but it wasn't that great in hindsight and a little difficult to make it through. I'd like to suggest one to them and wouldn't mind reading it over myself as a review.

Anybody? What are residents reading these days to prepare them for journal club, etc..?

Members don't see this ad.

I read Designing Clinical Research by Dr. Stephen B Hulley a few years back and found it extremely helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
“Studying a Study and Testing a Test: Reading Evidence-Based Health Research” by Richard Riegelman is the absolute best.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user