medical license application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasyouup

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have to go to the Texas medical board to answer some questions about my arrest record and an illness, before they will allow me to get my PIT permit and start internship.
how do i go about getting a good lawyer in the area to help?
i'm nervous! this has already delayed internship. my residency is cool so far with delaying my start in 07, but all these 'what ifs' are running through my head about the meeting next month!

Members don't see this ad.

gasyouup said:
i have to go to the Texas medical board to answer some questions about my arrest record and an illness, before they will allow me to get my PIT permit and start internship.
i'm nervous! this has already delayed internship. my residency is cool so far with delaying my start in 07, but all these 'what ifs' are running through my head about the meeting next month!

Hey, people screw up. Go to any state medical board website and look at their posted disciplinary actions. You just need to tell them your side of the story. Understanding that your arrest may have been bogus, and any subsequent conviction may have been the result of a plea bargain, although you may have been innocent, (happens all the time), what was the story? Feel free to PM me.

gasyouup said:

Arrest or conviction? I wasnt aware you even had to mention an arrest if it didnt lead to a conviction.....what the hell is wrong with our criminal justice system..Oooo yeah, this is Texas where child killers run free! :laugh: