1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

medical license application

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by gasyouup, Jul 26, 2006.

1. gasyouup

gasyouup Junior Member

Medical Student
    i have to go to the Texas medical board to answer some questions about my arrest record and an illness, before they will allow me to get my PIT permit and start internship.
    how do i go about getting a good lawyer in the area to help?
    i'm nervous! this has already delayed internship. my residency is cool so far with delaying my start in 07, but all these 'what ifs' are running through my head about the meeting next month!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. meddog1

meddog1 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey, people screw up. Go to any state medical board website and look at their posted disciplinary actions. You just need to tell them your side of the story. Understanding that your arrest may have been bogus, and any subsequent conviction may have been the result of a plea bargain, although you may have been innocent, (happens all the time), what was the story? Feel free to PM me.

4. LADoc00

LADoc00 There is no substitute for victory.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Arrest or conviction? I wasnt aware you even had to mention an arrest if it didnt lead to a conviction.....what the hell is wrong with our criminal justice system..Oooo yeah, this is Texas where child killers run free! :laugh:

5. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Maybe he only has to say he's insane and he'll get off and get his medical license! :rolleyes: