Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a medical graduate from a non-EU country and I'm not an EU citizen.
I'm interested in doing my medical specialty training in Portugal but I've got only a little information after hours of searching the web.
I know that I should learn portuguese language and take a medical communication test to prove that I understand the language but I don't know if there is a knowledge exam for foreign medical doctors or not.
also I want to know if a mandatory internship period and a language certificate is required.
which specialties are IMG-friendly there?
how is the career prospect for foreign(Non-EU) medical specialists? can I stay and work there after my specialty training?
I've read somewhere that Spain and Portugal suffer from economical crisis and young doctors are leaving Portugal to work in other countries. besides,it's said that the number of residency spots are less than the number of medical graduates and getting a good residency spot is so competitive.
I don't know how much of the information is true though!
I really need help.
could you please do this favor for me and answer my questions?
any information is appreciated.
I'm interested in doing my medical specialty training in Portugal but I've got only a little information after hours of searching the web.
I know that I should learn portuguese language and take a medical communication test to prove that I understand the language but I don't know if there is a knowledge exam for foreign medical doctors or not.
also I want to know if a mandatory internship period and a language certificate is required.
which specialties are IMG-friendly there?
how is the career prospect for foreign(Non-EU) medical specialists? can I stay and work there after my specialty training?
I've read somewhere that Spain and Portugal suffer from economical crisis and young doctors are leaving Portugal to work in other countries. besides,it's said that the number of residency spots are less than the number of medical graduates and getting a good residency spot is so competitive.
I don't know how much of the information is true though!
I really need help.
could you please do this favor for me and answer my questions?
any information is appreciated.
Last edited: