Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Medical School Facilities in the Philippines

Discussion in 'China and Eastern Asia' started by DrTennis, Dec 18, 2005.

1. DrTennis

DrTennis MS-IV
    5+ Year Member

Can anyone comment on which Philippine medical schools have the better facilities (eg. modern classrooms and labs, easily accessible faculty, modern hospitals)? Also, what med schools are most conveniently located in terms of accessibility to stores/malls, safe surrounding area and housing, minimal traffic, and places to eat? Perhaps someone can post some pictures of their school and hospitals they rotate at (e.g. gross anatomy labs, classrooms, around campus). I have not been to the Philippines in 10 years and I definitely know the place has changed, especially Manila.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tantrum

tantrum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The best facilities should be in St. Luke's, with other private schools like UST and FEU that are acceptable. All schools in Metro Manila are close to stores/malls and eating places. There is traffic everywhere so it's better to stay or live near the school (walking distance).

4. bleudsky

bleudsky MD, DPAFP
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    if i were you, i'd take a time off and visit Manila personally & at the same time, could ask for a brief tour of the medical school, training hospital while you're here so that you could make your own comparisons.

as for the other hospitals, that you have to wait until you're in your clinical clerkship (4th yr) period coz some schools have affiliates with other (government &/or private) hospitals (aside from their own training hospital). personally speaking, i only saw those other institutions/hospitals when i was assigned/have rotated there.