Europe Medical school in Pleven???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pauliegirl1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering going to med school in Pleven, and I was hoping to get some honest answers to the following questions:

^If I do complete the 6 year program, how difficult is it to obtain residency in the US?

^My husband feels as if other doctors will look down on me because I went to school in Bulgaria. Is this a problem?

^I am 38 years old, and I wonder if I can "keep up" with the program. Is it intense?

^How difficult is it to learn the language?

^I currrently have a 4.0 in my first year of college in general subjects such as Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, Calculus, English. Based on my current GPA, how challenging will I find the curricula?

^How are the professor's accents? Heavy and thick, or fairly easy to understand?

^I am most concerned about the transition to the US and practicing medicine in the States. Is there anyone who has completed the program and is currently practicing in the US? Does anyone have contact information of someone who would be able to reassure me about the transition?

I truely appreciate any and all advice, guidance, and information concerning the medical school in Pleven. I am also considering Sofia, and if anyone has information regarding that med school, please post a reply. I was leaning toward Pleven because it is a smaller school and it doesn't start until the Spring. That gives me some time to tie up loose ends here at home.

Thank you,
pauliegirl1