Medical school in Poland: worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreypete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there are any students on this forum that are studying at a Polish medical university (either Poznan, Jaegiellonian or Warsaw).

I'm currently studying at Charles University First Faculty of Medicine and I'm in the 3rd year but I want to transfer to one of the Polish schools because I've heard that they are better in terms of training students to go to the US/Canada. That and they also have lots of contacts with universities in these countries (they even help students set up electives in these countries).

So anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're in a 4 yr program, than don't waste your time or complicate things by switching. Finish up. Kick ass on your USMLEs. Match. If you're in a 6 yr program... No idea.

I'm in the 3rd year of the 6 year program as of now. But I think I'll stay here coz this university is apparently quite good too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there are any students on this forum that are studying at a Polish medical university (either Poznan, Jaegiellonian or Warsaw).

I'm currently studying at Charles University First Faculty of Medicine and I'm in the 3rd year but I want to transfer to one of the Polish schools because I've heard that they are better in terms of training students to go to the US/Canada. That and they also have lots of contacts with universities in these countries (they even help students set up electives in these countries).

So anyone?

Hi I am currently a student in a medical school in Poland. And I can guarantee you that you are better of in Prague. Better reputation and a lot better schools. Standard in poland is not good. Am looking for another palce to study myself. Good luck with your career

Last edited:
Hi I am currently a student in a medical school in Poland. And I can guarantee you that you are better of in Prague. Better reputation and a lot better schools. Standard in poland is not good. Am looking for another palce to study myself. Good luck with your career

I don't know where you study, but I can say I am very happy with Poznan (PUMS). There are over 800 foreign students in 4MD, 6MD, 5DDS and Pharm. and the school puts alot of money in improving the school all the time (brand new dentistry centre, library and congress buildings + building more new dorms for the foreign students).

PUMS have been voted the best uni. in Poland 4 times since 2000 too.

I have a friend that studies in Prauge and I can honstly say it sounds that he struggles more than I do with unfair tests. I work my ass off and it pays off!