Medical School in Taiwan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicky1008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently enrolled in a prestigious undergraduate school in the US. I am considering going to Taiwan for medical school for number of reasons, my parents live there and my GPA is pretty screwed up at the moment. I will definitely graduate with no problem but there's no way I will be able to get into medical school here in the US. Does anyone know how the application process work for international student for Taiwan Medical School (any medical school works, but preferably in Taipei, maybe Taipei Medical University?) I also heard that you can get in with your high school grades? I've been researching but I can't really find anything useful. I guess I just need more information as starter. Let me know if you know ANYTHING regarding this matter. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

For me to get into medical school in the US, I would probably have to get into a master program first to improve my grades. I feel like it will be easier just to start over in Taiwan and I am planning on living in Taiwan for maybe the rest of my life.

best bet is KMC.. it is graduate study only....(they have an entrance exam testing bio, ochem, english. The whole test is in English)

If you want to take the college entrance exam again then you can shoot for something else... your legal status (TW citizen from offshore) status may give you a leg up if you do decide to take the exam.. though it is a complete beast and I would not say it's any easier than the MCAT (if anything, probably harder)