Medical School in the Philippines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlanzar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I read through many posts here and am still confused as to the process of going to medical school in the Philippines.

I'm an undergraduate student now and want to go to the Philippines for medical school. I understand there is another exam besides the MCAT that I have to take, which also leads me to some other questions.

-I graduate in Spring '09, should I take the NMAT next summer?
-Are all the medical schools in the Philippines accredited for US residency after graduation? If not, which ones are?
-Are the applications hard to get?
-What's the process after medical school to find a residency in the US? [applications, any additional exams, best time to apply]

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

To attend a Filipino medical school, you don't have to take the MCAT, but you MUST take the NMAT.

Do a search and read all the NMAT related threads. Everthing you need to know about the NMAT is already here somewhere.

If plan on attending a Filipino medical school and then completing a US residency, then you need to choose a Filipino medical school that is on the WHO list of medical schools... do a google, and find the list. Most, but not all Filipino medical schools are on the list.

A 2009 graduation gives you plenty of time to prepare and choose a school. You're probabl a Fil-Am. So, take a trip to visit relatives, see a few schools, and get a clear idea of what you are getting yourself into.