China and Eastern Asia Medical School Interview? :)

Started by cherry12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cherry12

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me 😛

I am planning to apply for a medical school in Indonesia (Universitas Pelita Harapan) through the scholarship admission. The admission rep told me that I will have to go through an interview in order to be considered for the scholarship.

Now, I am not sure what kind of questions they would ask me, but I am really hoping they won't ask me about any personal experiences... I had a communication class a while ago and there was this speech test and the theme was on personal experience. I decided to share an experience about my grandmother. My grandmother passed away a month after I entered college in the US. I couldn't go back to Indonesia for her funeral because things happened... so yeah. I was very devastated.. my grandmother was the closest family member that I had. I am not very close to my parents cos they always work all the time.

Back to the personal speech test... in the middle of my speech, I suddenly broke into tears. I swear I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened beyond my control. Good thing I managed to finish my speech (phew) although my face was crab red after that.

Those who have gone through interviews (or know a thing or two about how the interview process works), do interviewers ask questions on personal experiences? Cos I'm really hoping they don't. I am just afraid that if they ask me about my grandmother (or anything too personal, really) I might cry again. :/

Thankssss 🙂