Medical School Jokes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coastalbarley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a few good tasteful jokes about med school, especially cores? or a website where I can find some?

Please and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Someone said a professor mentioned "if you want to succeed in med school, just two things - don't fall in love and don't fall behind". I found that amusing.

Members don't see this ad :)
A Harvard Medical School study has determined that rectal thermometers are still the best way to tell a baby's temperature. Plus, it really teaches the baby who's boss.

Also a good one about an anatomy prof and fingering a corpse- try google.

A Harvard Medical School study has determined that rectal thermometers are still the best way to tell a baby's temperature. Plus, it really teaches the baby who's boss.

Also a good one about an anatomy prof and fingering a corpse- try google.

I believe the punch line is the first rule of med school is follow instructions. The second is pay attention.

...or something like that. You can imagine how the joke goes.

At the hospital elevator...
The internist comes running up as the doors are about to close. He sticks his hand in, doors open and he gets on.
The general surgeon comes running up. Doors are about to close. She sticks her foot in the door, they open and she gets on.
Then the orthopedic surgeon comes running, doors about to close...sticks his head in and gets on.

Told to me by a general surgeon.

First-year students at Med School were receiving
their first anatomy class with a real dead human body.
They all gathered around the surgery table with the
body covered with a white sheet.

The professor started the class by telling them,
"In medicine, it is necessary to have 2 important
qualities as a doctor: The first is that you
not be disgusted by anything involving the human
body."

As an example, the Professor pulled back the
sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the corpse,
withdrew it, and stuck his finger in his mouth.

Go ahead and do the same thing," he told his
students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several
minutes, but eventually took
turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead
body and sucking on it.
When everyone finished, the Professor looked at
them and told them: "The second most important
quality is observation. I stuck in my middle
finger and sucked on my index finger. Now, learn to pay
attention."

What's the difference between a rhinoceros and an orthopaedic surgeon?
One's thick-skinned, small-brained and charges a lot for no very good reason

Other mildly amusing ortho jokes:

http://mrkay.co.uk/joke.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
The internist comes running up as the doors are about to close. He sticks his hand in, doors open and he gets on.
The general surgeon comes running up. Doors are about to close. She sticks her foot in the door, they open and she gets on.
Then the orthopedic surgeon comes running, doors about to close...sticks his head in and gets on.

It is standard to get yelled at for stopping an elevator with any part of your body at our hospital, at least in surgery. Some med student many years ago was decapitated by an elevator at a neighboring institution.

Edit: Apparently it was a surgical resident: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/965442/posts

Last edited:
It is standard to get yelled at for stopping an elevator with any part of your body at our hospital, at least in surgery. Some med student many years ago was decapitated by an elevator at a neighboring institution.

Edit: Apparently it was a surgical resident: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/965442/posts
Many years ago? Dude, I remember exactly when that happened....and I think about almost every time I try to stop an elevator.

I only stick my hand in to stop it if I am quite sure that I have enough time to pull it back out if needed.

A young man walking down the street started shouting, "Call me a doctor! Call me a doctor!"

A passerby asked, "Why, are you hurt? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No! I just graduated from medical school!"

Many years ago? Dude, I remember exactly when that happened....and I think about almost every time I try to stop an elevator.

I only stick my hand in to stop it if I am quite sure that I have enough time to pull it back out if needed.

Well, it was just a story to me up until looking up that article. And it was 10 years ago... I was in high school at the time!

:lame:
wtf...

jesus imagine being the woman stuck in the elevator for 15 mins

Last edited:

And the vascular surgeon stands outside the elevator and tells a charming anecdote about freak decapitation, killing the joke thread :lol:.

Just ribbing. I know I will think twice about catching the elevator, now.

First-year students at Med School were receiving
their first anatomy class with a real dead human body.
They all gathered around the surgery table with the
body covered with a white sheet.

The professor started the class by telling them,
"In medicine, it is necessary to have 2 important
qualities as a doctor: The first is that you
not be disgusted by anything involving the human
body."

As an example, the Professor pulled back the
sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the corpse,
withdrew it, and stuck his finger in his mouth.

Go ahead and do the same thing," he told his
students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several
minutes, but eventually took
turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead
body and sucking on it.
When everyone finished, the Professor looked at
them and told them: "The second most important
quality is observation. I stuck in my middle
finger and sucked on my index finger. Now, learn to pay
attention."

Yes! This.

Clearly I was too lazy to look it up earlier. Always a classic.

I, too, will not be stopping any elevators in the future. ...

Anyone know of a few good tasteful jokes about med school, especially cores? or a website where I can find some?

Please and thank you!
A medical student sees a female patient with a distended stomach and says "Gee I wonder what that patient has". An intern sees the same patient and says "that patient has cirrhosis", the third year resident sees the same patient and says, "that patient is pregnant". The attending sees the same patient and says "Gee, I wonder what that patient has".

A man goes to his general practitioner, and says, "doc, I got this annoying problem, you gotta help me out."

Doc says, "What can I help you with?"

Guy says, "every time I look in the mirror, I get a hard-on."

Doc says, "I am not sure that you want me to help you out with this problem."

Guy says, "please doc, it's been happening every since I was 10 years old. I am fed up with it! I'll do anything!"

Doc says, "it's because you look like a pus**!"

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
181447_10151661342332095_1603146907_n.jpg

Very corny. One of the anesthesiologists in the OR told me this one:

Q: What do you call the sheet between the anesthesiologist and the surgeons?
A: The blood-brain barrier.