Medical School Supplies List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CookiesNMilk

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't found a compiled list here yet so...
Please comment with suggestions on what I should add or change.

Necessary:
-All-in-one laser printer
-Pens/highlighters in bulk
-Coffee maker (drip, automatic, Keurig, French/Aero- press)
-Tablet or laptop

Recommended:
-Large screen monitor
-Noise-canceling/bluetooth headphones
-First Aid (unbound & converted to spiral via Kinko's)
-USB/external hard drives
-Ergonomic desk chair
-Crock pot

Items to hold off on buying that your school/clubs may have on sale/for free:
-Netters and/or Rohen anatomy atlases
-Folding clipboard (to fit in your white coat)
-Stethoscope

Items you think you will need, but will use so rarely that you're better off borrowing:
-Otoscope/Ophthalmoscope

Other:
-Gym membership
-Spotify/Pandora subscriptions
 
I'd personally add goljan rr pathology in addition to first aid. Don't worry about anything anatomy. Printer may not be necessary, because our school gives us hundreds of dollars in print credit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where you guys purchasing all the review materials?

And I want an all in one device, but heard iPad's can't playback lectures at 2x speeds. Is that true?
 
Where you guys purchasing all the review materials?

And I want an all in one device, but heard iPad's can't playback lectures at 2x speeds. Is that true?

Not natively, but I've heard if you download the third party app "puffin browser", you can watch videos at 2x speed...