Medical School Without Green Card

Started by Yong Cho
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yong Cho

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I immigrated to the U.S. when I was 5 years old and started school there. I am now a Junior at high school and I hope to go to a good medical school such as John Hopkins. However, I do not yet have a green card or a citizenship but I am a permanent citizen. What difficulties would I have entering medical school without a Green Card.
 
I immigrated to the U.S. when I was 5 years old and started school there. I am now a Junior at high school and I hope to go to a good medical school such as John Hopkins. However, I do not yet have a green card or a citizenship but I am a permanent citizen. What difficulties would I have entering medical school without a Green Card.

Do you mean permanent resident? Green card=permanent residency/I-551/alien registration card. If you have this (sounds like you do), you're all set.

BTW, why does your status say medical student?