Medical Schools Affiliated with Partners Harvard Medical International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

namnai

Sojourner
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was in a program with Partners Harvard Medical International somewhere around the globe.

It's admission requirements are different to that of North American medical schools in that it doesn't require you to have a pre-med degree and that you can apply directly out of high-school. Is that a disadvantage?

So if the school is infact adopting Harvard med's curricula, won't that mean it'd have to be modified because the students don't have a pre-med degree? I was wondering how it'd be similar to a LCME accredited program in a North American med school.

I was wondering what everyone thought such a program?
Is it really worth it?
Do you think I'd be better off attending a college somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here's your first step if you want to work in the United States:
http://www.faimer.org/resources/imed.html

I do not see this program listed. If a medical school isn't listed on FAIMER then you are not eligible for the ECFMG certificate, which is the first step to being able to train in the US (ie, do a residency here).

There are many schools across the globe which use Harvard's curriculum; that in and of itself is not a measure of quality. From the link you provided, it sounds as if the program is still being developed; everything is written in a future tense.

At any rate, may I ask your motives for training there? Your English is quite good which makes me suspect that you are a North American. If you cannot get into a medical school in the US/Canada, there are probably many more tried and true options outside the borders than someplace not listed on FAIMER.

· · · — — — · · ·

Last edited: