medical scribe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BornToLead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very much interested in becoming a scribe because I would love to have clinical exposure and get a hang of how things work in the medical field. However, I will be a full time student, taking around 15 credits in the Fall semester...would scribing be manageable with that amount of course load?
Also, I have never ever worked anywhere...I have been volunteering at the ER of a hospital but I have no work experience, so would that count against me, when applying for Scribe position? However, having said that, I have an excellent gpa...good enough to place me on President's List, so can anyone pleaseee tell me what my prospects seem like, and if scribing is manageable with a Full Time status

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, being a part-time scribe is manageable with your course-load, but getting a scribe job isn't easy. Your lack of work experience might turn them off.

Scribing is tough, but it doesn't take up more time than any other job. It can tax you mentally, but nothing a nap won't fix.

Alrightiee....any one here knows any scribe companies in Florida?

Members don't see this ad :)
Freshman. Took 17 units this semester and started working as a scribe with no job experience. Its definitely doable with a disciplined schedule

@positivityrocks, Thanks, I'll apply there.
@nm06003, that's pretty cool! What company? It must be very exhausting to attend college after graveyard shifts..

Emergency medicine scribe systems! I think they have one of the most difficult training periods so beware!

It can be, but depending on the hospital you can put your availability for the graveyard shift on weekends. That way those shifts won't overlap with school nights. And a good portion of the scribes have graduated so they usually take the ones during the week. Just really depends on your hospital!

Oh okay..I sent in my application at EMSS a couple of days ago. Hopefully they'll get back to me with a scribe offer! *fingers crossed*