Medical Scribe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gryffindor29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNers,

I'll be starting my masters in the fall and will be (hopefully) be working part-time. I recently was offered an interview with Emergency Medical Associates. Has anyone interviewed with EMA? If so, what was the interview process like? Did you enjoy being a medical scribe? Is it worth it?!

Also, for those that worked during a masters or SMP, can you comment on the difficulty of it? Working and going to school is challenging, but it's something that many of us need to do. I'm praying that working part-time and attending grad school won't compromise study time/grades.:unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

for the scribe question:
makes pretty good money, but crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy hours. You work mostly night shifts (thats when need most of the scribes). I don't recommend you doing a masters with a scribe position IMO. As a scribe you're on your feet and constantly busy (at least at most hospitals I know).

It's difficult having a job while doing a masters/SMP, but if you have no choice, then I suggest a much slower pace job. Desk job? Idk.

Reactions: 1 user
My EMA position was pretty much connection, so I don't think I'll be much help on the interivew part. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you get started? I really want to do scribing, and I'm not sure how to get trained/hired. How did you do it? Thanks!

How did you get started? I really want to do scribing, and I'm not sure how to get trained/hired. How did you do it? Thanks!
I applied through the EMA website. A woman called me back to get my info and discuss my application and future goals. I guess it was a "pre-screen". You know, to make sure you're interested and you have a commitment to being a scribe (since they like people to stay for at least a year). After that phone call, another woman called me to schedule an interview. Don't know much about the interview because I haven't had it yet!

Good luck!