Medical Student Malpractice Insurance - need it for fellowship!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

polkadoctor

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I have been offered a yearlong fellowship at a very great program. Since I'll be taking a leave of absence, I don't know if I'll receive malpractice coverage. I won't be meeting with the dean for another two weeks so I'm pretty anxious to know if there are any alternatives out there just in case. In the case that I don't get malpractice insurance or have to pay a years worth of tuition - does anyone know of any better/cheaper alternatives? I don't want to have to pick between paying a years worth of tuition to do research versus not.

Thanks!