medical techonologist/ Clinical Laboratory Scientist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chwon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm an undergraduate major in microbiology in UCSD. I'm interest in becoming a CLS. I wonder if there are any good program out there (in California) other than the one offered by UCSD? and how's the availability of the jobfield? Also did anyone know what kind of certificate is also valid in other country like Hong Kong?
Any reply regarding this matter meant a lot to me, Thank you so much =D

Members don't see this ad.

I cant tell you about the programs in Cali, but i can tell you that there is a huge shortage and that jobs are EVERYWHERE. I am from the Midwest, and I know if you graduated with your degree in micro, there are hospitals that will hire you as a "lab techician" in microbiology and after a year of work experience you would be eligible to sit for the boards and become certified as technologist (Clinical Lab scientist) in Microbiology

CA is in desperate need of CA Licensed CLS/MLT/MT's. If you are open to some travel and want to get working right away, check out www.medtravelers.com and check in with a recruitor.

I have passed my Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology from The School of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, Pokhara University, Nepal. During my four years Bachelor's Degree study I have gone through medical biochemistry for seven semesters. I am interested to do research activities in medical biochemistry, in which I am interested to carry on my postgraduate studies too. I am capable to do research oriented works and I have done my research work for six months . I have good skill of operating new technologies and I am sound academically too. I have obtained CGPA 3.42 out of 4.00 in Bachelors degree( total credit 140.00). As I already mentioned I have studied hematology, cytology, histopathology, clinical chemistry and medical microbiology in all eight semesters as a core subjects during my four years Bachelors degree based on biomedical science. It would be fascinating to me if I am allowed to persue my Msc in medical biochemistry . Also I am appearing for the IELTS examination .

I would like to get enrolled in Sept 2009 And if I am eligible to apply for the course, what are the procedures I need to do and which country would best suit my academic career in terms of quality and economy. Please give me some idea. If anyone have idea abt the fundings and scholarships.
Hope to hear soon from you people

regards,
barunpaudel