Medical Terminology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taurusgrl326

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would anyone happen to know where I can take a Medical Terminology Course Online?

I need it as a prerequisite for one of the schools I'm applying for (Samuel Merritt) but this course is hard to find around my area (either they cc's don't have it or they only have one lecture and its full already). I would really appreciate your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Peralta Colleges -- in the bay area. I just finished mine this semester, online via Laney College (but also try the other peralta colleges - College of Alameda, Berkeley City, and Merritt College). Really chill and easy. peralta.edu

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine online this past summer through Santa Barbara City College. We did 2-3 chapters a week and each week there was a quiz. It was nice because I could kind of go at my own pace, and the material is pretty straightforward anyway. Easy A but I learned a lot while doing it.

I signed up for an online class at cuesta, a lot of the cc's were full when I tried last week, but Cuesta had some spots

I tried enrolling through santa barbara cc but it was full already and they won't give me any access codes.

for cuesta it's also full but do you think they'll be more willing to add me? I'm going to register and try to email the professor hopefully it will work out..

Last edited:
Is the medical terminology class a pre-req or just recommended? I will be applying to Samuel Merritt as one of my schools for Fall 2012 admission and since I have some time until then am wondering if I should strongly consider taking it too?

It's a pre-req for some schools, but not all (looks like Samuel Merritt doesn't require it). Others may list it as recommended.

I thought that it is required for Samuel Merritt because I called and asked about it and they said they don't care if we take in in classroom or online setting.

I had better call and get that cleared up as well. I wonder if there are many schools that recommend/require it to where I should seriously consider taking it to make me more competitive come time to apply.