Technology Medical Websites of value?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seewell

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd love to find out what medical websites you all find of most value.
Of cource, studentdoctor.net is the best of them all ;)

Here are my top 4, which I use every day:

eMedicine
JournalReview.org
UpToDate
cdc.gov/az.do

What are your top 4??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wheeless' textbook of orthopedics
mdconsult - requires registration but hopefully you can get set up through your school's library

www.rss4medics.com

If you aren't using RSS yet, then you should have a look at this site to find out how useful it is for the doctor in keeping up to date with journals and new information on websites. If you are already using it, have a look at the medical rss feeds directory.

I personally find this site quite useful, although I am not from the Indian continent. The contents are somewhat relevant, and especially for those going for postgrad courses, this site is helpful. Furthermore, by reading those interviews of doctors/medical students who achieved marvellous results, really give me a great boost in morale and confidence to do better in my career!

http://www.rxpgonline.com/

In terms of my daily practice of surgery, I can't think of one other than google.

This is exactly why I started Help the Doctor. I am my own harshest critic but I hope one day for it to be a place to seek out information of all types. I want it to be more than a collection of links, but a highlighter of whats going on that compliments a strong foundation of resources and links.

Take a look and please let me have some critcisms. Sorry to be the attention *****, but this is an important project to me and I find SDN to be a great resource for the "pulse" of young medicine today.

Thanks, for the links.... :)

i think webmd is one of the best websites.

http://www.pathguy.com/lectures.htm

Dr. Friedlander makes all of his pathology lecture material freely available to the public. (His site is on the recommended list at the back of First Aid.)

Even Goljan isn't willing to do that. :cool: