Medicare and Medicaid cuts yet again....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HQAMIGO

Resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that doctors are not suppose to be in it for the money, but it just makes our jobs a tiny bit easier when we can actually earn a decent living to repay the costs of a decade of intense and costly training. But, thanks to our glorious presidente and his military adventures, doctors are yet again facing cuts. Bush is proposing to cut medicare and medicaid reimbursements to doctors and hospitals by 70billion dollars, thats right, thats 70 with a big B.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/02/washington/02budget.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Economically, m/m patients are already feeling the squeeze because more and more doctors simply refuse to sign them up. After the latest round of cuts, I'm sure even more doctors will be jumping ship into pharma or consulting. What I just dont understand is, given that these cuts hurt doctors, patients, hospitals, why is he and his republican cronies still in power? Ugh.....

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that Congress is going to approve this, given the new shift of power.

In fact, the article even says: "Even some administration officials say they cannot imagine approval of such large cutbacks in a Congress now controlled by Democrats."

So I wouldn't worry about it. Write a letter to your Senator and Representative saying that they should oppose this legislation.

what are we going to do? just keep spending more money that we don't have? the cuts gotta come from somewhere... and GOD KNOWS we need 20,000 more soldiers in Iraq to fight for democracy!!!