Medicare application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlioness

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 3rd year resident and was looking at the online medicare application. I want to get the process started before graduating so there are no delays.

When filling out the application, it asks for applicant description (sole owner, group, sole proprietor, etc). What did y'all select since if you're still in your program? I don't have a business name or EIN so I didn't know what to put.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You typically can't fill out and submit a medicare application until roughly 60 days before you graduate (at least in my experience). You can't put in an EIN or business name unless you either have your own business (own practice) or are joining a group. If you plan on joining a group or getting a job with a practice, they will typically help you with this process as your medicare number will be assigned to them. To make a long story short, I would not worry about doing this until I either got a job offer or was about 3 months (april-ish) from graduating and starting my own practice. Hope this helps.