Medicare fee schedule and CMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCFavenger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Newb here....

I am trying to use the cms website to locate medicare fee schedules associated with optometric coding. However, when I enter any coding into the search function, i dont get any results....

Basically, im lost....ha.

Can someone please steer me to the best way to research optometric medicare fee schedules?

In the interim, I will continue to try to use the forum search feature to get some answers on my own.

Thank you all in advance!!
Todd

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, Newb here....

I am trying to use the cms website to locate medicare fee schedules associated with optometric coding. However, when I enter any coding into the search function, i dont get any results....

Basically, im lost....ha.

Can someone please steer me to the best way to research optometric medicare fee schedules?

In the interim, I will continue to try to use the forum search feature to get some answers on my own.

Thank you all in advance!!
Todd

Optometrists and ophthalmologists are paid the same for medicare claims. Try searching under ophthalmology and you should find the information you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are of the country are you looking at? There are different groups that handle medicare in various parts of the country. For example, in South Dakota and several other states, Noridian Medicare is the carrier. If you go to their website, noridianmediare.com, you can find the fee schedules for each of the states they handle pretty easily. You should be able to find the fee schedule on the site of whoever administers your area's medicare.

What are of the country are you looking at? There are different groups that handle medicare in various parts of the country. For example, in South Dakota and several other states, Noridian Medicare is the carrier. If you go to their website, noridianmediare.com, you can find the fee schedules for each of the states they handle pretty easily. You should be able to find the fee schedule on the site of whoever administers your area's medicare.

THANKS. Now I am on the right track!! :D

First experience on this forum = Success :soexcited:

That is the correct site. It will allow you to get the fee schedule for every carrier in the US for every code. Go to the bottom of the page and accept the agreement and you will be sent to a page with the search criteria.

Good luck.

Thanks!

I think I was using a set of un-supported coding. That is a whole other issue...

But I have the CMS code search working perfectly now. I was also able to find the local carrier's website and that has tons of good info. Much easier to follow compared to the cms website!!

Again, thank you to all for the support. :)

Todd

is it true that in July Trailblazer will not be handling medicare (for DC, MD, VA), and the government will have another contract company to handle all the medicare cases?