Medicare fraud

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gaslamp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came across the article but wasn't sure if it had been discussed. I guess there are always 2 sides to every story. But has anyone witnessed this or been apart of the alleged behavior?

All Saints Anesthesia medicare fraud case where they bill for medical supervision, but then leave the hospital to run errands?

(I'm new to the forum so I'm unable to post the link.)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s the link: Lawsuit claim: Medicare fraud by All Saints anesthesiologists

TeamHealth named in the lawsuit, but it’s from a disgruntled former doc who worked there. It’s a long article so haven’t read much past the first few sentences. Hmmm...

Holy crap. It says that someone left the hospital to wait for a piano delivery. Someone else left to take care of their horses for a show. I'm sure this thread was started by some disgruntled crna but seriously WTF?

Reactions: 1 user
A quick pee break doesn’t sound so bad now does it?

Reactions: 13 users
Holy crap. It says that someone left the hospital to wait for a piano delivery. Someone else left to take care of their horses for a show. I'm sure this thread was started by some disgruntled crna but seriously WTF?

I started this thread. But I'm a physician and have no relationship with this group or area. I just came across the article while I was sitting on the stool.

Hey....as long as you're "immediately available", right?

I think the sadder part is that this is not surprising at all.

I will say, we all know plenty of anesthesiologists that sit in their office/break room and sign the chart without ever doing anything. Really not much better than this group.

THis is some vicious stuff.

Someone has some serious 'splainin to do lucy!!!

And we wonder why CRNAs are taking over.

We dont even wanna do the work...

Reactions: 1 user
And here I get worried I am being shady if I am more than 50 feet away from the room.

has anyone else seen surgeons that book cases with co surgeons and the co surgeon pops in for 5 minutes? sometimes not even scrub in? i wonder how much they bill. i think its a lot

Sounds like Mamalakis had an axe to grind. But team health over at that hospital does seem to attract the most special docs!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

has anyone else seen surgeons that book cases with co surgeons and the co surgeon pops in for 5 minutes? sometimes not even scrub in? i wonder how much they bill. i think its a lot
Yep - but then I have no knowledge of what either of them actually does or does not bill for, so if they're committing fraud, I have no knowledge of it.