Medicare Impact

Started by 184013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1

184013

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gents,

pre-pod here with a quick question.

How do you view the impact on medicare cutbacks and how they relate to podiatry business income?

I'm assuming a % of procedures are covered, and every area has a given % of people on medicare... I don't know the approx scope of this and whether it would be a heavy impact or not.

This is the link on the medicare 10% cutback that I understand to be in the works:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chicago-medicare-cuts-jun30,0,4978731.story

Thanks,


:banana:(never posted an emoticon... I feel like it's :banana::banana:PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME) :banana::banana:
 
I'm going to guess that the biggest impact won't be with the Medicare patients, but with the insurance paying patients because a lot of the insurance companies base their rates off what Medicare pays. It is definitely going to have a negative impact but I don't think a podiatrist will be living on the streets anytime soon.
👍