Medicare not going bankrupt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bedrock

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Nice to know that it was so critical to cut SIJ RFA from Medicare.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Nice to know that it was so critical to cut SIJ RFA from Medicare.

I loved the wild speculation in the nyt comments section

At any rate, Medicare’s commitment to continually cut pay for services even making it mandatory means that no matter what happens Medicare will not be paying.

Reactions: 1 user
it is unusual data.

but it is definitely good news, whatever the reasons for it

Members don't see this ad :)
it is unusual data.

but it is definitely good news, whatever the reasons for it

This is the reason why. Obama F*&CK'ed us.

1694006592311.png

Attachments

• 1694006547497.png
    1694006547497.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: 4 users
just got notification that Effective October 1st, Medicare will now require a prior authorization for genicular nerve blocks and ablations. (hospital based clinic) - forget that medicare advantage plans dont cover this as it is - this is gonna make treated failed tka pain/general knee pain even harder and more cumbersome -

Genicular RFA $700 cash. Skip the ridiculous nerve block.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m not seeing how that chart shows it’s Obama’s fault. The biggest drop on the chart is during the Bush years. I’m aware Obamacare has had problems, but you can’t pin stagnant physician pay on that.
its typical conserviturd speak. When nothing works, blame Obama.

its typical conserviturd speak. When nothing works, blame Obama.

Obamacare put on a band aid on a massively broken system by a mixture of payment cuts and shifting money directly from employed workers to Medicaid and funding of aid-based “exchange” plans. It was enough to delay implosion of the whole system for a decade or two while the corporate middlemen continue to loot the GDP.

We should have just let things implode and start from ground up again.

you can get the nerve block covered by insurance. need only 1.

it is a consideration to do 1 block under insurance to see how a patient would tolerate the block and whether the benefit from the block is worth shelling out for the RFA.

kind of depends on the deductible. there is one insurance i deal with that has a $350 copay for procedures.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm curious to know why a GNB is approved by insurance but GRFA generally is not.

Doing geniculars is a losing proposition. Your practice does not benefit from doing them.

I'm doing a cash GRFA today at like 10AM, and we skipped the GNB bc it's dumb...

In the time it takes to do a GRFA, you could be doing 2-3 ESI/MBB.