Medication reminder app (Android)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deltaforce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking an ANDROID (OS 4.0+) app for a senior, who started taking a TON of medications and ALWAYS forgets one or two every day. I wonder if anybody has any recommendation for an app where the user can set the time and medication, plus record if it was taken.

I googled and found a few apps but the question is, which one is the best. Just curious if anybody came across same question and did a test, helping me save time to try every app before recommending one.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck getting a senior who can't take meds on time figuring out how to use an app on their phone to remind them. Most seniors can't even figure out how to make a phone call on a smart phone, let alone use a complicated app where they have to manually enter every drug/dose/dosing schedule/duration/etc.

Good idea in theory, almost zero practical application.

Good luck getting a senior who can't take meds on time figuring out how to use an app on their phone to remind them. Most seniors can't even figure out how to make a phone call on a smart phone, let alone use a complicated app where they have to manually enter every drug/dose/dosing schedule/duration/etc.

Good idea in theory, almost zero practical application.
The guy is an engineer from IBM, super smart guy and well versed with smart phone (very early adopter). He forgets because of dementia that he has developed recently. He has a list of medications on his refrigerator that he used to follow but lately things have gotten little worse. An alarm like reminder will certainly grab his attention for medication. He lives alone so there is no one really to 'remind' him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not just use the default alarm clock app?
I think u can set up as much alarms as u want and have it repeat on daily basis.
I know that basic alarm app wont tell him what drug he needs to take but I think its the easiest way to set it up.

You are better off creating an app for diabetic population. Much better chance of succeeding there. How many seniors do you know own a smart phone let alone know how to use it.

Please review this application, Ceyhello. Applicable for both android and IOS platforms. CeyHello is a medication management digital platform for patients suffering from chronic illnesses with a goal to improve medication adherence. CeyHello allow you to keep track of your medications on daily basis. It also gives your family to take care of your daily medications. In additions, you can add your medical records online.