Medicinal Uses of Nylon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m2stech

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i wanted to know all the medicinal uses of nylon in pharmacy.any one knows reply plz. :)

Members don't see this ad.

...wha? That...doesn't really sound like something that should be taken internally...*is confused*

I've wanted to take mine off & wrap them around a neck or two occassionally - does that count? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you use a nylon mesh as a strainer (like cheesecloth) in filtering stuff? Maybe plant and herbal tinctures, etc? More diagnostically and along the lines of molecular bio, a lot of the membranes for DNA/RNA hybridization are nylon based--this is pharmaceutical related because maybe you are looking at gene expression levels after treatment with a certain drug, or looking for the presence of certain viral DNA.

Hmm...could you use nylons as an occlusive dressing?

Seriously....Drugdealer is right - nylon can be used in filtration systems in all sorts of different membrane systems. It can also be used to strengthen external support structures. Historically, it was used in the 40's when silk was in short supply for sutures.

However...I still maintain...my stockings can be a way of venting my frustration & no better medicinal use than that!

The best use for nylon I've seen so far in a pharmacy? Support hose for the pharmacist that has to work a 10+ hour shift!

I'm not at that point yet, but if you've ever had swollen ankles from standing too much/travel/whatever, you'll know what I mean.

Moxxie said:
I'm not at that point yet, but if you've ever had swollen ankles from standing too much/travel/whatever, you'll know what I mean.

Eeeew! Varicose veins.

m2stech said:
hi
i wanted to know all the medicinal uses of nylon in pharmacy.any one knows reply plz. :)

umm....anti-thrombosis stockings is one use...