Africa and Middle East Medicine in Dubai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coconut lime

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys....I'm a medical student in the US, planning to do residency here as well. I'm born and raised in Chicago, but lately I've been interested in moving to Dubai, for a variety of reasons. What is medicine like in the UAE? I know that is a vague question....but in the US, it is pretty much going downhill, with insurance and malpractice being out of control. What is the job market like for a female physician? What areas of medicine are currently in demand? What is the compensation like? In addition, I'm interested in the legal system as it pertains to medicine. If anybody could direct me to any websites or books that could provide some detailed information, I'd be very grateful. Thanks so much for your time!