Medicine in philippines(URGENTLY HELP REQUIRED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Libertines

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.I have an A level qualifications in physics,maths and biology from the U.K and i want to go to the philippines to do medicine but i am stuck in some of the unanswered questions in the website of the university i wanted to go.
1)I have A levels,is it possible to join the course straight in or do i have to do BSc and then join the medical college?
2)If i had to do BSc how long will that take and what subjects i need to do inorder to join the college og medicine afterwards?

Any kind of help will highly be appriciated.Thanks in advance to those who can provide me some insight and lead me to a right direction.Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you need a bachelor's degree. A-levels are nice, but they are not the same.

A four year degree course normally takes....four years....or longer....but a sharp cookie like you could overload and complete it in three.

Your intended medical school may have specific requirements as to undergraduate courses that they want you to complete. But few if any, are really picky, and all seem content with any batchelor's degree supplemented with a healthy dose of related science courses...Principles of Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Lab work....etc. Some will accept even less.

The next college semester in the Philippines starts in the first week in November, so get busy.

I agree with Saipan. All Phil. med schools require a bachelor's degree, even A.B. or non-science related degree. The Philippine educational system is patterned after the USA (not British). Some schools will not even know what the heck are A levels. BTW, if you are planning to return to try to train in the UK, it will be more difficult compared to getting into a US residency training.