medium length white coat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just buy another white coat, don't risk being a douche.

You need to think before saying something like this because not all schools use those dorky looking short white coats. I'm glad my school gives us the long coats from day one.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to think before saying something like this because not all schools use those dorky looking short white coats. I'm glad my school gives us the long coats from day one.

Oh good for you.

I don't understand this at all? What's the problem buddy?

Student doctors wear short coats. REAL doctors wear long coats.

The one jackass at my school who wore a long coat was continually ridiculed because he did so KNOWING he should be wearing a short coat but refused, because he was "better than that."

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand this at all? What's the problem buddy?

Student doctors wear short coats. REAL doctors wear long coats.

The one jackass at my school who wore a long coat was continually ridiculed because he did so KNOWING he should be wearing a short coat but refused, because he was "better than that."

Yes exactly.

And, any other claims that if the school issued the OP a long white coat, this means that he can wear it. Well, thats not true, because (if) the OP is rotating at teaching hospitals of schools other than his own... he should comply with the American white coat tradition.

Wow, I had no idea there was so much politics involved in white coats. At my hospital no one wears white coats except students and to be honest I always feel like a bit of an idiot in it. They tell us to wear them though, to look credible to the patients ;)