MEDPATH 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Has anyone heard back about MEDPATH interviews yet?

• Not yet

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

LivinOnAPrayer13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I noticed there hasn't been any threads about MEDPATH these last two years…so here is one!

Members don't see this ad.

Were you invited to apply?

my application at OSU is still pending. I haven't gotten a rejection or invite to apply.

Were you invited to apply?

my application at OSU is still pending. I haven't gotten a rejection or invite to apply.

I received a status change email in mid-January and that is where the Medpath application was.

The email also said invites for interviews would be sent at the beginning of March but no status change yet.

I was reading up on old threads and someone mentioned that if there was no status change by now it means a rejection. Someone put me at ease

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my invite to interview on Friday( 3/7) via a status change which included an invitation letter. It's set for April 7th

I received my invite to interview on Friday( 3/7) via a status change which included an invitation letter. It's set for April 7th

Thanks for replying. I guess since I haven't received a status update as of yet it means I should be expecting a rejection via mail. Or maybe I'll be hopeful and someone got accepted elsewhere and gives up an interview spot for my needy soul lol

Good luck on your interview though! Hope it works out well for you :) keep us posted too

i guess if you have not been invited to apply by now there is no chance for medpath?

I just spoke with Nikki Radcliffe.

She said interview decisions were sent out already. However, they are waiting to see how many people reject the interview invite before notifying whoever is on the wait list.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I really want this program

BlessedSerenity89 how long did they give you to accept or reject the interview?

I accepted the interview invite as soon as they sent it. The invite does not say how long they give you decide. They just say as soon as possible. I don't think that delay means deny though. Trust in God and if the program is for you then you will get off the wait list and have an invite. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for starting this thread LivinOnAPrayer13. I got my II 3/7 as well. Interview takes place on 4/9. I also accepted as soon as I received the invite.

Thanks for starting this thread LivinOnAPrayer13. I got my II 3/7 as well. Interview takes place on 4/9. I also accepted as soon as I received the invite.

Hey xxjamaleexx,

It's great to hear someone else got an II. I hope we both get it. Where you from?

@BlessedSerenity89 Hey! I see you are in the GEMS program forum as well. I'm hoping and praying that we get into both! I am from Maryland. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
@BlessedSerenity89 Hey! I see you are in the GEMS program forum as well. I'm hoping and praying that we get into both! I am from Maryland. How about you?

Hey xxjamaleexx,

I saw that too! I hope we both do as well that way we will be able to meet in person. I hate that our interviews are not the same day then we may have got to meet up. I'm from Atlanta, GA. I'm sending up prayers that we get in. :)

I know right! I had to go back and look at your interview date :/. I'm sure we will get accepted into a program, and I hope to meet you one day as well! I wont be going to Atlanta any time soon though lol. I am praying for us too!

I got a call from Ms. Nikki at 11:30 saying I got accepted! Woot Woot :) ! For next year MEDPATH applicants: reach out to me if you have any questions.

I was in the Wednesday group! I look forward to meeting you :)

Hey guys, I got a call from Nikki recently too. Is there a way we can all communicate about who's who? I'm from Monday Group.

Hey guys, I got a call from Nikki recently too. Is there a way we can all communicate about who's who? I'm from Monday Group.
Hey!!!! :highfive:, Congrats, where are from, I think I can figure out who you lol (maybe school)

Congratulations everyone!

Youngguy2020,

Just out of curiosity, when did you get a call from Nikki? Did she call you on Thursday as well?

Congratulations everyone!

Youngguy2020,

Just out of curiosity, when did you get a call from Nikki? Did she call you on Thursday as well?

Yep, Thursday. I was just trying to figure out who is all in it.

Congrats! It figures you got in, haha. I know some who didn't make it but I don't know of anyone else that did. What about you?

I got a call from Ms. Nikki at 11:30 saying I got accepted! Woot Woot :) ! For next year MEDPATH applicants: reach out to me if you have any questions.
Hey, there is a Facebook group created, you should join so every get acquainted before the program starts.

awesome Ill join! I was going to make one lol

Reactions: 1 user
So I haven't heard too much about this program (I'm applying next year) does this have a guaranteed spot to the med school? If not, is there a certain gpa to be met, or is it just do the best you can and hope? Also, do we directly apply to this program, or do we apply to the med school (with obviously lower than average stats, since we are looking at the post bac) and they give us the app for the Medpath program? Thanks so much for any info you guys can provide, and good luck with it!!! SDN has always been helpful for answering questions!

So I haven't heard too much about this program (I'm applying next year) does this have a guaranteed spot to the med school? If not, is there a certain gpa to be met, or is it just do the best you can and hope? Also, do we directly apply to this program, or do we apply to the med school (with obviously lower than average stats, since we are looking at the post bac) and they give us the app for the Medpath program? Thanks so much for any info you guys can provide, and good luck with it!!! SDN has always been helpful for answering questions!

Apply to OSU normally and you might get an interview basically. If you do and interview well enough for acceptance. You're guaranteed a spot if you complete the program with 3.0 GPA or above. Good luck and God Bless.

Basically what Youngguy2020 said, there isn't a direct application to MEDPATH, you have to apply to AMCAS application cycle with OSU as one of your schools. They select applications based off the AMCAS application and then send you an invite to MEDPATH for an interview or the MEDPATH application itself. If you get into MEDPATH there is a conditional acceptance to OSU MED as long as you have a 3.0 GPA at the end and a 25MCAT. Good luck.

do they really only accept 15 students? is there a lot of waitlist movement?

I got a letter urging me to apply to the MEDPATH program before I even applied to OSU. I feel like that goes against what everyone has said about applying to the program? I am a URM from Ohio with a 23 MCAT and 3.89cGPA 3.76sGPA. Am I a good candidate for the program?

Anybody ever hear about an applicant being referred to Medpath but then get put back into the regular MD admissions queue? Did they eventually get an interview? My status changed about a week and a half ago to Medpath but then my new MCAT score came in this week and now I'm back to regular admissions, just wondering if anybody has heard of this happening before.

So has anyone been accepted to the program yet from this application cycle?

Is there any advice that you can give in reference to the MED Path application and interview?