MedStudy flashcards for peds boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Victors

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are either currently studying for Peds Boards or have already taken them, can you comment the utility of Med Study FlashCards as a sole resource outside doing Prep and Medstudy questions. The idea of using just flashcards for study purposes seems a little unnerving in the first place. Having read through a few sections of the MedStudy textbooks, I feel like they can be quite dense so I'm trying to figure out how to use my time most productively.

Members don't see this ad.

I used them all the time - found them super helpful for when I couldn’t dedicate mental energy to questions (watching my toddler, going on a trip in the car). The 2 weeks before I kept a big shuffled stack next to my bed and went through it before bed.

I wouldn't recommend using them as a sole resource unless you're taking notes on your PREP or MedStudy questions. They are good for quick review, but are relatively superficial in scope.

Thanks! I have been taking notes with PREP questions, and plan to do the same when I start Medstudy questions. On top of that I was going use the Medstudy flashcards and Laughing closer to boards. The lack of concrete sources makes it a big challenging, but hopefully that does the trick?

Reactions: 1 user