Meet your Optometry Mentors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello SDN users.

I am happy to volunteer my services as a mentor to pre, current, and post graduate optometry students. I am 7 years out of school, worked for a few years, took a couple of years off to pursue other interests and am now back in the game having recently purchased a practice.

I was asked to specify what questions I will and will not take. I will take ANY and ALL questions with the EXCEPTION of how much money I make. I know that salaries and income are always of great interests to students so I don't mind talking generalities in that area. I will say however that I make a lot more than the person serving you your Starbucks in the morning but I make a lot less than Shaquille O'Neill.
 
I'm a new mentor in optometry. I practice mainly in a hospital setting in a large metropolitan population center.

I mainly cover the scope of practice of optometry in a interdisciplinary setting and novel ways for optometrists to practice outside of the traditional office-based practice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad