Meeting Minimums

Started by Boo5i1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Boo5i1

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! First post on this thread for me as I'm looking to apply this summer! I wanted to ask this before going on to email schools individually. I started off my academic career fairly poorly, but made it up by retaking classes. I am looking at applying to schools that replace grades for pre-reqs, but since most do not do that for the overall GPA requirement. My overall is about a 3.1 since grades aren’t replaced, but my pre req is around a 3.7 at most schools I am applying at. If a school looks at both (some just look at last 60 credits which really helps me) would I be weeded out right away? Or would I have a chance since my pre-req GPA is not as bad? Sorry for the long post and thanks for the feedback ahead of time: D
 
The only schools it would be a waste to apply to are ones where you don't meet minimums (based on the way they calculate). Otherwise, I'm convinced the whole application process is just a blind dart competition, so it's worth the shot to see what happens.
 
The only schools it would be a waste to apply to are ones where you don't meet minimums (based on the way they calculate). Otherwise, I'm convinced the whole application process is just a blind dart competition, so it's worth the shot to see what happens.
do we have to wait till july 1st or we can start setting p the application beforehand?