meeting ppl from SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fruity_trident

in lala land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many ppl have met up with other SDN-ers? : :thumbup:
i think it's great that all you dental students are here, helping potential dental students out & easing their visit @ their prospective universities.

i hope i can pay it forward someday...if/when i get in :oops:

p.s. i spend waaaay too much time on SDN when i should be studying :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

i have met other sdners on 2 of my 3 interviews :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Met couple at my first interview, and will probably meet more on my upcoming interviews too.

gosh, i even heard that a couple of them even got together or something in indiana....i'm pretty sure it was the class of 2008 ...

oops, i just read aphistis's post...

yaa but the thing is, every person from SDN has like 3 arms and 4 legs.....

omaralt said:

speak for yourself, i have 3 legs

omaralt said:
:confused:

busupshot83 said:

I've been called tripod also!!! :laugh:

I met a fellow SDNer at an interview. Lets just say I was totally caught of guard. This person did not turn out to be the person I thought they would be. Just goes to show you how SDN is totally anonymous. YOU KNOW YOU ARE!

HD

Members don't see this ad :)
hockeydentist said:
I met a fellow SDNer at an interview. Lets just say I was totally caught of guard. This person did not turn out to be the person I thought they would be. Just goes to show you how SDN is totally anonymous. YOU KNOW YOU ARE!

HD

hot or fugly? :laugh:
j/k
happy halloween everyone

Hmm, well, unlike hockeydentist, I can honestly say I've been pleasantly surprised with all of the SDN-ers I've met at interviews. Then again, I don't go into the interview expecting much; I usually picture some hunch-back, 4'10'', 510 lb, neurotic computer nerd when I respond to people on SDN. Well, no, that's a bit extreme. But you get my point. You're all so darn pretty. :O)

Literati81 said:
[....]
I usually picture some hunch-back, 4'10'', 510 lb, neurotic computer nerd when I respond to people on SDN.
[....]
[size=+1]D'OH![/size] You just described me exactly. Should I be worried?

:scared: :eek: :scared: :eek:

"Developing a phobia related to empty mailboxes." :eek:
mee toooo.
i check my mail box multiple times a day...even on weekends...cuz imma goin crazzzzzzzzzeeeeeee :eek: <--gotta love this emoticon

my roommate's an M1 i met on SDN, it worked out pretty well living with him so far. I've met a couple other people from there and they were fairly nice.

Don't get your hopes up, folks. I'm a sociopathic midget with no arms or legs.

Literati81 said:
Hmm, well, unlike hockeydentist, I can honestly say I've been pleasantly surprised with all of the SDN-ers I've met at interviews. Then again, I don't go into the interview expecting much; I usually picture some hunch-back, 4'10'', 510 lb, neurotic computer nerd when I respond to people on SDN. Well, no, that's a bit extreme. But you get my point. You're all so darn pretty. :O)

Yes, I do clean up a bit before crawling out to an interview. :laugh:

I have met several SDN'ers at interviews and it is rather nice to have a sort of connection to someone else in an otherwise strange crowd.

Just totally surprised!

had nothing to do with looks.

Surprised? Do tell.

Was "she" actually a "he"?

that "HE turned out to be "She"

HD

hockeydentist said:

HD

u were under the assumption that the person u were talking to on SDN was a dude, but turned out to be a dudette? :laugh:
hehehe :idea:

fruity_trident said:
u were under the assumption that the person u were talking to on SDN was a dude, but turned out to be a dudette? :laugh:
hehehe :idea:

Fruity, you're female... right? RIGHT?

busupshot83 said:
Fruity, you're female... right? RIGHT?

yeap..
r u male? let's hook up..lol..j/k

when ppl respond to me, i generally wanna kinda know what (guy or girl) i'm talkin to...not like it makes a big diff, but when i click STATS, they don't have anything there..so i made an effort to put my basic stats..
my birthday is there too..so everyone can say happy bday to me.lol.
and buy me virtual drinks..i'll be 21 in feb.hahaha. thank god i'm in canada for undergrad..otherwise i wouldn't have been 'allowed' to drink until my 4th yr! :eek: since i would NEVER do anything illegal - i.e. using a fake id, since i'm an angel ......LOL..ya right! :luck:

hockeydentist said:

HD

One time I had a patient at a homeless clinic who looked like a "She," talked like a "She" and acted like a "She" but was really a "He." It blew me away. Sometimes its not fair how beautiful men can be as women.

Anyways, I digressed, many apologies...

Literati81 said:
One time I had a patient at a homeless clinic who looked like a "She," talked like a "She" and acted like a "She" but was really a "He." It blew me away. Sometimes its not fair how beautiful men can be as women.

Anyways, I digressed, many apologies...

i volunteered at a soup kitchen and there was a slim man with long grey hair who made us call him helen :p
i digressed too...apologizes :oops:

I have met several people for SDN, mostly after the fact I figured it out. (Since I got on here after 2 of my interviews.) It has been nice to know a familar "face". :laugh:

fruity_trident said:
... there was a slim man with long grey hair who made us call him helen :p
i digressed too...apologizes :oops:

Whatever floats your boat :eek:.

toofache32 said:
I've got a relevant link...but maybe I should keep it to myself...

That dancing hippo is something else....Ahhh! I can't take my eyes off of it and laughing out loud! Help!!

Sprgrover said:
That dancing hippo is something else....Ahhh! I can't take my eyes off of it and laughing out loud! Help!!

that hippo is hysterical! where did you find it? :laugh:

anyway, when you all are at your interviews, how do you know when you've met a fellow SDNer? do you just happen to get into a conversation about this website?

Sprgrover said:

He ain't just dancin, baby....he's smackin dat a$$ !!! WOOT WOOT

jessUMD said:
anyway, when you all are at your interviews, how do you know when you've met a fellow SDNer? do you just happen to get into a conversation about this website?

"So, baby....you're cute. Ever cruise the SDN site? No? What about StarTrek.net ?"

Works for me.

jessUMD said:

Usually someone brings SDN up, and of course most people that have a pulse have at least heard of it or browsed the forums. This then leads to "do you post? - I'm so and so." While at USC I met a fellow SDNer because I remember reading their profile and I knew their name (and vice versa). At the end of the interview we were both "Hey, aren't you?!!!" At least that is how SDN and members come up at interviews for me.

Sprgrover said:
Ah, time at last to get some miles out of that English to Klingon dictionary...

For those of you who are not cultured enough...that dictionary really does exist. Um...well...that's what I heard.

busupshot83 said:
You cracked me up :laugh: :laugh: I can see that

I actually think its an advantage on interviews, to be an "SDN'er" and to somewhat know another person or two there. Theres always that awkward moment where everybody's lookin around the room, and I think it if adcom people see you mingling well and chatting with others, it helps (a little) bit in making a favorable impression of yourself. Its not a huge deal, but sometimes every little bit helps, right?