Meeting the Pre-req for PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FineGentleman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be enrolled in Hunter CUNY next fall. Would it be wise to major in biology or community health education?
Would majoring in biology offer more of the pre-req classes for PT school, thus letting me take less classes?
Or should I just major in community health education which is more interesting... Would I have to take more classes if I majored in community health?

opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be enrolled in Hunter CUNY next fall. Would it be wise to major in biology or community health education?
Would majoring in biology offer more of the pre-req classes for PT school, thus letting me take less classes?
Or should I just major in community health education which is more interesting... Would I have to take more classes if I majored in community health?

opinions?
If you have no intention on going to med school, don't major in biology. It's a major full of chem classes that have nothing to do with your pt pre reqs (maybe about 3 chem classes will overlap). I feel like you should major in what will make you happier, but also what will be easier. Yes, you might have to take more outside classes in community health but your major classes will probably be easy enough that you wouldn't be stressed out taking extra classes for PT. Also, it's always good to have something to fall back on just in case things don't work out during the admissions process (hope for the best, plan for the worst lol). A bio degree wouldn't really give you any other option except grad school. Hope this helps! :)

If you have no intention on going to med school, don't major in biology. It's a major full of chem classes that have nothing to do with your pt pre reqs (maybe about 3 chem classes will overlap). I feel like you should major in what will make you happier, but also what will be easier. Yes, you might have to take more outside classes in community health but your major classes will probably be easy enough that you wouldn't be stressed out taking extra classes for PT. Also, it's always good to have something to fall back on just in case things don't work out during the admissions process (hope for the best, plan for the worst lol). A bio degree wouldn't really give you any other option except grad school. Hope this helps! :)
You've confirmed what I suspected. Thank you.