Meharry Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bestsmilez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody here interview with Meharry yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I did. I also received a letter of acceptance.

yeah...I got an acceptance package from Meharry yesterday, but it said an interview for the Post-Bacc program on either 1/11, 1/25, or 1/28. So I'm a little confused because I thought you had to be rejected first before they considered you a potential applicant for this program. I emailed Ms.Connolly and have not gotten a response yet. I picked the interview 1/11. I hope that I'm still being considered for admission into the dental program. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same thing too about interviewing for a post bacc program..I thought u had to be reject 1st also ..But when I talk to some ppl about it they say that they sometimes call Dental School post bacc school..I hope we are interviewing for the dental school b/c I will really like to go there.

I talk to some ppl about it they say that they sometimes call Dental School post bacc school...

Na... They are two different things....There are both Medical School and Dental School students in the post bac program. If you are accepted to be in the dental class of 2012 then you should hear somethin by April. They notifiy post bac students in April.

thank you DDS1st for your help..

I got the same thing too about interviewing for a post bacc program..I thought u had to be reject 1st also ..But when I talk to some ppl about it they say that they sometimes call Dental School post bacc school..I hope we are interviewing for the dental school b/c I will really like to go there.

Did you guys letter say something like "We are please to inform you that you have been placed in the post bac program pending.... you will hear from us no later than April 15th or did it say you have to set up an interview for the post bac program? This is all very confusing to me... Anyone know what this stuff means?

Did you guys letter say something like "We are please to inform you that you have been placed in the post bac program pending.... you will hear from us no later than April 15th or did it say you have to set up an interview for the post bac program? This is all very confusing to me... Anyone know what this stuff means?

If your letter says that you have been placed in the post bacc program it means that come August, or whenever the year begins, you will start the post bacc program which is separate from the dental program. The thing is even if you interviewed for their dental program, Meharry will place you in the post bacc program after the interview if they feel you are not yet ready, but they still want to give you a chance. They inform you about this when you are at the interview session. This however, is not a bad option as it is just another way to get into the dental program. Just maintain the grades they want you to and you will get into the dental program.

Is it too late to apply to Meharry or do you think I could still have a chance? I know the deadline is January 15th but perhaps they might still consider applicants this late in the cycle.

If you've already completed and sent your AADSAS application to other schools, you can add Meharry now. I know they interview until the end of March. The best thing is to call and ask them. Nobody here can give you an accurate answer.