Dr.2be

Patiently Waiting
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hey
I was wondering if anyone has any information on Meharry post bacc program. I know it is by invitation only but there doesn'y seem to be any info out there. All I know is that they select 20 applicants and that you have to keep a 3.0. I heard we need to do the MCAT again. Do we need a specific score? What is the outlook for their post bacc student do most of them matriculate the next year? Do they have to reapply. Anyone put on hold for this program should they contact administration expressing inetrest?
I am really curious about this any info would be appreciated.
Thanks;)

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
how do we get invited to this post-bacc? Is this similar to Ohio State's MEDPATH? I applied late to Meharry and have no idea when I might hear, do you think it's a good idea to email the post-bacc director expressing interest in the program or would that be a sign of weakness for MD admissions?

Dr.2be

Patiently Waiting
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hey,
I heard that they may interview you and consider you for the post bacc or not interview you at all and consider you for post bacc. You are notified via e-mail. so you either get in or waitlisted or put in hold for post bacc and find out later or rejected. That is mt understanding but who know. I am trying to figure it out now
Hope it helps;)

About the Ads

DrFreeman

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I received an email message from meharry about this today. I guess this is because of my VR score. I have double digits in PS and BS but a low VR.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.