Meharry Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sillygoose47

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the waitlist movement for Meharry? What are the chances? I called Ms Connolly and she said that everyone paid their the deposit already? Have anyone been taken off the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

I did on 1/11/07....I am still waiting on my acceptance letter.:D

Psalmer

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also waitlisted
I guess the class is full by now......

I am going into MSc. Dental science this year.
I hope this helps my application in the future.

I am also waitlisted
I guess the class is full by now......

I am going into MSc. Dental science this year.
I hope this helps my application in the future.

is that a year course? r u going to to apply next year?

Anyone has an idea if any people at Meharry is holding multiple acceptances and not going?

Master of Science in Dental Science
you have to have a dds or dmd before you can do that program so i dont know how you are going to do that if you are trying to get into dental school.

yeah, because when i was looking up info for it, MS of dental medicine is offered at many dental schools but you must be a dentist. Is there another program that will enhance being accept?

Does anyone know the waitlist movement for Meharry? What are the chances? I called Ms Connolly and she said that everyone paid their the deposit already? Have anyone been taken off the alternate list?
May 15 is the deadline for people to make thier final decisions. i am pretty sure it will sart moving then.

have any one heard from Meharry yet? If so, let me know. please

I heard after the 15th as well same for the Med school!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh my goshm have anyone heard from meharry yet? This is crazy!

oh my goshm have anyone heard from meharry yet? This is crazy!

I did get the phone call from Tennesse while taking midterm today, so I couldn't be able to pick up the phone. I'm not sure whether it's from Meharry or not. I try to call back that number, but the recording machine says "this number is not in service". What do you guys think? I don't know anybody from Tennesse. I'm from CA. Should I call back the admission tomorrow????? sigh:(, maybe...it's just a randomly call from someone.

I did get the phone call from Tennesse while taking midterm today, so I couldn't be able to pick up the phone. I'm not sure whether it's from Meharry or not. I try to call back that number, but the recording machine says "this number is not in service". What do you guys think? I don't know anybody from Tennesse. I'm from CA. Should I call back the admission tomorrow????? sigh:(, maybe...it's just a randomly call from someone.

I would call the school tomorrow, its better to be safe then sorry =)

If the area code is 615, it is Meharry. I think UofTN might have another area code.

have anyone heard from Meharry? Any idea if there has been a waitlist movement?

The waitlist game at Meharry is really interesting! I was on it for like a month and suddenly came off mid-May. I was told that it would probably not happen, but I stayed persistent! Keep calling her... Trust me.. the class is probably not full yet! I know some people that were on the postbacc list get an upgrade to the DDS1 because of there drive to get in.... Stay on them and you will have a great chance. Disadvantage is that school starts June 16th. Do what you gotta do!

The waitlist game at Meharry is really interesting! I was on it for like a month and suddenly came off mid-May. I was told that it would probably not happen, but I stayed persistent! Keep calling her... Trust me.. the class is probably not full yet! I know some people that were on the postbacc list get an upgrade to the DDS1 because of there drive to get in.... Stay on them and you will have a great chance. Disadvantage is that school starts June 16th. Do what you gotta do!

Are you African American? I sent Ms Collony an email every week since I got into the waiting list in Dec. She did respond me only 2 times. the first time she said that the class was full in April. One week ago, she told me that the cycle for 2008 was closed and wish me the best luck..hhah..ahh..so I think I have no hope for Meharry cuz' may be I'm asian...

It is unfair to assume that Meharry has a proclivity for choosing African American students. If you look at the well publicized history of MMC, you will find the initial donors, whom the school was named after, were caucasian men that had a strong interest in educating black doctors. The story is very interesting, but my point is that my race doesn't matter on whether I got in...
For example, I have an African American friend that interviewed with me... our credentials were similar, which were good. I got in, he didn't! He got into NYU, I didn't! I believe the reason WHY I got in was because I made it clear to them that Meharry was my first choice and not an optional one. Having gotten acceptances to very good schools, I chose Meharry because of the skills and education I knew they would give me. My friend on the other hand had been accepted not only to NYU but UMichigan and Columbia. So, Meharry knew that it would be hard to sell a student with that type of school selection.
Another reason was because Meharry has less residency programs that UPENN (a more majority school), per se and to me that equals more hands on experience for students without competition of residents. AND more outreach to the community, which is my focus anyway.
So, it was a case by case situation. We can't just say because you were Asian that you didn't get it. What you really have to ask yourself is did you think BECAUSE you were Asian applying to a "historically" black instituion, that you were ENTITLED an acceptance because now you can claim the "MINORITY" status? Would you have fought that same statement at lets say UPENN? Seems like using race when convience is not the best. Don't make your acceptance about race. Lastly, did you really want to go to Meharry or was it an option? My biggest wish for you is an acceptance from somewhere you can become a great healthcare professional. It is still not to late for any school. Again KEEP BUGGING HER!!!! You never know what could happen. I am sure your efforts will be reward! I wish you the best!

Congratulations on getting into your number one pick!!!:D

Thanks....

I understood what you were saying. I didn't say that because I was an asian, I didn't get accepted. I just said that "may be". if you take a look at ADEA book, there were only 2 Asians in the class of 2011. There were over 500 asian applying to that school, so Asians might get a lower chance to get in. that fact is the fact, and we couldn't deny it. By the way, i stop sending school email cuz' Ms Connolly sent me back a message with the statement "are you applying for 2009 yet? we wish you the best luck in your plan"..That's it for me. I understand what I have to do.
Congrats on ur acceptance ! and wish you the best lucks