• Scariest Story Contest

    Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

    JOIN CONTEST

Meharry???

Heavyd22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2005
31
0
Ky
  1. Dental Student
    rambo2006 said:
    Hello, anyone know any good or bad info in regard to Meharry? I did some research, the cost of living in Nashville seems to be among the lowest in the US.

    thanks
    I personally haven't visited the school, but someone I talked to went there and said the clinics were in really bad shape (clinic chairs had rips in the seat). I would suggest going to their website and reading some of the interview feedback on SDN. Good luck.
     

    PERFECT3435

    Full Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 22, 2003
    1,416
    0
    45
    Indianapolis
    1. Dentist
      Heavyd22 said:
      I personally haven't visited the school, but someone I talked to went there and said the clinics were in really bad shape (clinic chairs had rips in the seat). I would suggest going to their website and reading some of the interview feedback on SDN. Good luck.


      i interviewed there when i was applying. honestly, i was not impressed with the program at all. to begin with, the interviewer kept telling me why i should do explore the feild of marine bio, bio, chem, etc as oppsed to dentistry.
      secondly, the school was in a really bad location. as a guy i would be scared walking around there at night.
      finally, the school is comprised of 99% african americans. now i have nothing against the race african american. however, i'd rather go somewhere more diverse than meharry, ucsf, etc


      now on the positive side, i do have a freind that goes there. he is pretty happy and doing well. he recently took his NBE1 after his 1st year and did very well. so as far as education is concerned, the school will prepare you. but so could any other school.
       
      About the Ads

      Crest

      Member
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Nov 27, 2005
      41
      0
      1. Pre-Dental
        rambo2006 said:
        Hello, anyone know any good or bad info in regard to Meharry? I did some research, the cost of living in Nashville seems to be among the lowest in the US.

        thanks

        I did research at Meharry this past summer for eight weeks and I loved the school. The environment surrounding the school is really not as bad as "perfect3435" made it out to be! Campus police are extremely visible and the campus has the lowest crime rate in comparison to any of the other campuses in the city (yes including Vanderbilt). So I would advise you to visit the school and draw your own conclusion. Good Luck! ;)
         

        Legacy

        DbagFolkGuitarMajor4Life
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Nov 25, 2005
        30
        0
        1. Pre-Dental
          Don't judge a book by its cover. A Harvard dental student and a Meharry dental student both end up practicing dentistry.

          I'm not African-American but I applied to Meharry anyway. That's one more card in the hat for obtaining a dental education.

          And someone mentioned Meharry lacking in diversity? Tsk, tsk. :thumbdown:

          Perhaps Lipscomb and Vanderbilt have more of the Nashville diversity you're looking for.
           

          LABIAL LOVER

          Membership Revoked
          Removed
          10+ Year Member
          Nov 29, 2005
          14
          0
          1. Pre-Dental
            Legacy said:
            Don't judge a book by its cover. A Harvard dental student and a Meharry dental student both end up practicing dentistry.

            I'm not African-American but I applied to Meharry anyway. That's one more card in the hat for obtaining a dental education.

            And someone mentioned Meharry lacking in diversity? Tsk, tsk. :thumbdown:

            Perhaps Lipscomb and Vanderbilt have more of the Nashville diversity you're looking for.



            I applied and have very good stats. however, I am white and they did not call me for an interview.

            That sorta makes me want to be racist.

            Is that bad? Oh well.
             

            Legacy

            DbagFolkGuitarMajor4Life
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Nov 25, 2005
            30
            0
            1. Pre-Dental
              Poorer urban communities need health care like everyone else. This is case in point, relative to educated members from these communities capable of practicing health care. Your perception of the status quo or governmental mechanisms that facilitate some patients residing in projects while others live in mansions can further aid you in becoming as rational or pathetic as you see fit to become.

              This certainly makes me care less what you kind of want to be. After all, I didn't write your personal statement which either did or did not make light of your intentions, whatever they are.

              If I never hear from Meharry, then it was another card in the hat. And imho a great city to boot.
               
              About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

              Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

              1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.