Meharry..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesL1585

TheAntiSavior?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Meharry yet?

Members don't see this ad.

hey nothing yet.. when did u interview? i interviewed in november, nothing yet....

Members don't see this ad :)
My sister interviewed in Novemeber, asking for her
I interviewed in NOv , and haven't heard anything form school. I try to call them, and they said that I wasn't supposed to call, just wait ..there is somthin' will come.....WT*?

i got a snail mail last week sometime
saying that i am waitlisted.

btw, if you got waitlisted, does it say that on your aadsas status page? and then you receive the news via snailmail?

btw, if you got waitlisted, does it say that on your aadsas status page? and then you receive the news via snailmail?

No. still says. invited for interview.

i was accepted, i interviewed on Oct. 31.

Anyone heard from Meharry yet?
did your sister interview on november 30th? I heard some people interviewed that day, technically they are considered for the second round of applicants... so it all depends.

Has anyone heard from the Meharry Adcom yet? I interviewed four weeks ago. I was told to expect a decision within three weeks but I have heard nothing back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from the Meharry Adcom yet? I interviewed four weeks ago. I was told to expect a decision within three weeks but I have heard nothing back.
i interviewed three weeks back.. nothing yet. i am getting worried here.

i interviewed three weeks back.. nothing yet. i am getting worried here.

Guys! My interview was in NOV 16, and I haven't gotten anything yet..even a letter of rejection or an email...well...I'm asian, and I did really well on the interview, but who knows...I doubt it since many people here said that all non-african American r in waitlisted. That's ridiculous for me. I mean what's the point for inviting us to the interview, then reject all non-african americans? sigh ! !!!!!!!!!!!!:idea::scared::(

Guys! My interview was in NOV 16, and I haven't gotten anything yet..even a letter of rejection or an email...well...I'm asian, and I did really well on the interview, but who knows...I doubt it since many people here said that all non-african American r in waitlisted. That's ridiculous for me. I mean what's the point for inviting us to the interview, then reject all non-african americans? sigh ! !!!!!!!!!!!!:idea::scared::(

That is ridiculous! I am sure when you were at your interview you saw non-african american students there. I certainly did.

That is ridiculous! I am sure when you were at your interview you saw non-african american students there. I certainly did.
as proposterous as it sounds, its actually true... the trend seems to show that... a lot of people on this forum who are not AA are waitlisted. do a search. I do understand that it sounds ridiculous saying that but MEHARRY should really consider this because I came all the way to TN just for the interview, and the interviewer told me that I may get a full recommendation from him from my interview as it went well. But I still havent heard anything. I just wanna get into Meharry. So lets seee.

as proposterous as it sounds, its actually true... the trend seems to show that... a lot of people on this forum who are not AA are waitlisted. do a search. I do understand that it sounds ridiculous saying that but MEHARRY should really consider this because I came all the way to TN just for the interview, and the interviewer told me that I may get a full recommendation from him from my interview as it went well. But I still havent heard anything. I just wanna get into Meharry. So lets seee.

I was referring to his/her comment about REJECTING all non-african american. As far as their waitlist trend, I have no idea how they make their decisions and I would rather not make any speculations.

I was just invited for an interview but will not be attending

i thought i would take this rejection.. i mean waitlist which is as good as rejection at meharry well, i knew before travelling all the way there that i would be waitlisted, i knew it cuz i know they waitlist non AA applicants, their class is not full but its basically that AA get first priority, obviously since it is an HBCU which i understand. I wish they would say that in their invites." IF you are not AA, then despite your great stats, most likely you will not get in or be waitlisted". I am just changing career options now, I give up. I am applying to podiatry. thats it, this cycle did not go well for me; 19AA/20TS 3.60 overall, 3.5 sci, and this is over for me. I dont ever want to hear the word dentistry again.

BYE

congrats on your acceptance dentalishus. I actually agree a 100% with sehrmoon's claim that meharry waitlists majorirty if not all non african american applicants since its an HBCU. I am also a fellow canadian and same thing happened to me too... i spent over $700 getting there changing four diff flights eventhough I knew i would be waitlisted, i still had a little hope that i may not so thats why i travelled all the way to TN. Basically i have been told, a waitlist means that they will tell you by mayish that their class is full which is so messed up since right now their class is not even full and a lot of people who have been accepted at Meharry have other acceptances as well and they will most likely choose those than meharry. My point is that technically a waitlist puts you on the backburner and maybe someone might notice you but at meharry its not. I am positive that they never take people off of there, atleast not the non-AA. This really sucks.I have no other acceptance or interview. Do you guys think if there is anything I can do to convince them to give me a chance? I am still not losing hope.
Thanks

do you know the percentage for whites and asians and hispanics that get into meharry???

do you know the percentage for whites and asians and hispanics that get into meharry???

I think it's very low. I'm in waitlisted today..suck ! spent over 700 $ for the interview. cuz' I'm asian, there is no hopefor me , rite??:mad:

I think it's very low. I'm in waitlisted today..suck ! spent over 700 $ for the interview. cuz' I'm asian, there is no hopefor me , rite??:mad:

You guys whine alot... You knew what you were getting into before you applied right?

guys they dont reject all non AA , im not black and i got in. i think they are really looking for people would have experience in community service.

guys they dont reject all non AA , im not black and i got in. i think they are really looking for people would have experience in community service.

I don't think so. I have a lot of community service, but I dun no why..well...it's ok. I just hope for the best. Gud luck to all of yo!:oops:

Im not African American and I got accepted too...Im not going there though. Good luck everyone!

please let them know that you wont be attending Meharry, so they do something abou the waitlist. PLEASE somebody!!!+pity+

Not true, i was waitlist and im african american. i got 21 avg on my DAT and i was accepted to columbia.....

every other year meharry accepts more non blacks than blacks

like i said before, every other year there are more non blacks than blacks. Something more important though, you guys be warned, meharry is a good program, makes you an excellent dentist but your mind will change. You won't see things with the same innocence you have coming in.. They chew you up and spit you out, at meharry. You become something different. Maybe all dental schools are that way, i dont know....you just be warned. By second year, especially if you are male, you wont see being a professional in the same way. By third year you want out. by forth you feel relieved its over almost but... When you finish you are really finished....takes years to get over the experience, but you will be a knowledgeable dentist and a good one if you want to be. But you'll be changed, not always for the good but you wont be the same. If you want an HBCU Howard doesn't chew you up. At Meharry, if you start there, then finish there, cause if you leave, you may never get over that ___from first year. People who leave after year 1 leave with a mental hangover...if you want to leave meharry, leave after 2nd year is over or finish to the end.....or go some where else TO BEGIN WITH, trust me, trust me.....

you guys be warned, meharry is a good program, makes you an excellent dentist but your mind will change. You won't see things with the same innocence you have coming in.. They chew you up and spit you out, at meharry. You become something different. Maybe all dental schools are that way, i dont know....you just be warned. By second year, especially if you are male, you wont see being a professional in the same way. By third year you want out. by forth you feel relieved its over almost but... When you finish you are really finished....takes years to get over the experience, but you will be a knowledgeable dentist and a good one if you want to be. But you'll be changed, not always for the good but you wont be the same. If you want an HBCU Howard doesn't chew you up. At Meharry, if you start there, then finish there, cause if you leave, you may never get over that ___from first year. People who leave after year 1 leave with a mental hangover...if you want to leave meharry, leave after 2nd year is over or finish to the end.....or go some where else TO BEGIN WITH, trust me, trust me.....

Grow up. It's professional school. No one is going to hold your hand. You have to be strong academically and mentally to make it through. It's called paying dues. So what! They took your ball and kick it over the fence. What are you going to do? Cry about it or go get it. It's your future. No one is going to spoon feed you a DDS.

Has anyone been accepted to Meharry lately? Does anyone know when the next round of acceptance letters go out?

i interviewed there 2-3 weeks ago...i am wandering about the same thing? when would i know if i got in or not?

It took little less than a month for me to get the decision.
I interviewed on Jan 11th and got the result updated on AADSAS on Feb 5th
I got wait listed.. end of the world.
Hope they accept me

I definitely rejected their invitation for an interview. They accept 1 in every 276 whites that apply. Terrible odds. And they were very non professional with me and with others from my university in the past according to my advisors. They "lose" application materials and then wont be humans and tell you what to send to them again. They have NO reason to act arrogant.

Has anyone recently been accepted to Meharry? Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an update on your status (i.e. acceptance, waitlist and etc)? Does anyone know how many have accepted their offer thus far?

Sorry so many questions.

I haven't heard anything yet. They said we should hear something by April 15, but that seems like a very long time. Patiently waiting....:D:D

That is a very long wait...I wish I could patiently wait...it's always easier to say than do (I guess).

When did you interview?

i am waiting patiently as well....i interviewed on 18th feb ...when will they make that call?

I interviewed Jan 11. We just have a month left to wait. I hope it comes this week or next week.

Psalmer

To my knowledge all communication is done via mail. Is this correct?

i think u r right but miss conolly said she might update it on aadsas..so dont know!!!
i just cant wait for it anymore!! do u guys know how many seats are already taken?

I interviewed on Jan 25th. at Meharry. Nothing yet.

Just 5 more weeks or less and the wait will be well worth it!!!! I am trying to keep myself occupied and busy, so I won't start stalking the mailman on his delivery route!!! Believe me, that is not cool....they are people too. HA!:laugh::laugh:
Anywhoo, keep the faith, people!!!!!Peace:D

I was waitlisted in December, do we all hear from them in April? I thought it was August.. thats what it says in the letter.

I am not quite sure. My letter just said April 15. I am being considered for their 5 year track program which includes one year post bacc. You may be right. I have heard of people getting waitlisted and accepted in July, but that is pushing it as far as if you had to choose between schools.