Memelord support thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ McReady

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting this thread in support of our brother Memelord, AKA Dr. Mr. Patrick etc. etc.
He provided support and a lot of good information to everyone on the forum. But mainly, I’m bored and want to know what the heck is going on.I’m not sure why he was banned but I demand an explanation! Or if not that, at least a reason?!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
I am starting this thread in support of our brother Memelord, AKA Dr. Mr. Patrick etc. etc.
He provided support and a lot of good information to everyone on the forum. But mainly, I’m bored and want to know what the heck is going on.I’m not sure why he was banned but I demand an explanation! Or if not that, at least a reason?!
sdn just isn't the same without him :(

Reactions: 3 users
He was on probation recently..
generally this happens after repeated warnings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought police doesn’t sleep

Reactions: 4 users
Was wondering where he went. Would be interesting to know why he was banned, but from my understanding a lot of users were turned off by his posts (anyone see that reddit thread?) There was more than one post and the original poster and post was deleted. Found this out when digging for it. Hmmmmm

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ah never mind. Clicked the link. Stupid me...

Damn I didn't know people didn't like him so much, he was one of my favorite people on SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users
Truthfully, I believe a ton of his posts are remarkably tone-deaf and narcissistic. I draw this from his "10+ II support thread." Yes, I get he was just "trying to be humorous," but that was incredibly rude considering the majority of applicants don't even possess an II at this point. Also, I'm all for people with multiple IIs complaining about not having an interview at a dream school, because you're an applicant too, but that's not related. Be proud of your successes, but don't tout it excessively. It reminds me of people I knew in school who complained about the color of their Mercedes-Benz their Dad got them for Christmas, while the majority of people couldn't afford a car to drive.

Personally, being banned is a bit extreme, but I think this is an excellent boot to show him that his online personality isn't appreciated by most. I'm glad he contributes, and I'm happy he finds solidarity in these forums, but the lack of sensitivity shows his real character. I know his defenders will state, "oh, but if you only get to know him.." but even being a decent person IRL doesn't make up for it.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Not so curious any more. Thanks for the clarification.

The social thread is a sticky on the Pre MD forum, but here's the link to the page it's on.

Scroll down and you'll see @Matthew9Thirtyfive's post from yesterday afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
Truthfully, I believe a ton of his posts are remarkably tone-deaf and narcissistic. I draw this from his "10+ II support thread." Yes, I get he was just "trying to be humorous," but that was incredibly rude considering the majority of applicants don't even possess an II at this point. Also, I'm all for people with multiple IIs complaining about not having an interview at a dream school, because you're an applicant too, but that's not related. Be proud of your successes, but don't tout it excessively. It reminds me of people I knew in school who complained about the color of their Mercedes-Benz their Dad got them for Christmas, while the majority of people couldn't afford a car to drive.

Personally, being banned is a bit extreme, but I think this is an excellent boot to show him that his online personality isn't appreciated by most. I'm glad he contributes, and I'm happy he finds solidarity in these forums, but the lack of sensitivity shows his real character. I know his defenders will state, "oh, but if you only get to know him.." but even being a decent person IRL doesn't make up for it.

I can't believe you're the only person who said this. I can only take so much of one's ego and lack of awareness before it becomes too much.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Hey now,
This is supposed to be a Memelord support thread, not a Memelord bash thread.
I’m locking it...before I get banned too!
RIP Memes! Many of us will miss you!

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.