Men's Casual Interview Clothing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

backsideatk

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I did not include this post in the Men's Interview Clothing thread since I think it's a little different.

Some schools that I've been invited to interview at have a portion of the interview at night with current students and have the formal interview with faculty the following day. I've been told that the night out with students was "casual dress" though I'm not exactly sure how to choose an outfit for that.

Are jeans appropriate for this? Or is that too casual.
 
Isn't that just a pre-interview mixer? If so, it's just a time in which you can ask questions about the school and get to know more about it. The ones I went to people were wearing jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc. I wore jeans
 
So I did not include this post in the Men's Interview Clothing thread since I think it's a little different.

Some schools that I've been invited to interview at have a portion of the interview at night with current students and have the formal interview with faculty the following day. I've been told that the night out with students was "casual dress" though I'm not exactly sure how to choose an outfit for that.

Are jeans appropriate for this? Or is that too casual.

Casual? Jeans ok. Basically, dress however the hell you want (assuming your clothes aren't tattered and don't make you look inept).

Business casual? Jeans not okay.