Enik

2+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Why do you want to attend this school?

B.C the noble clan of SDN said it was great... is this acceptable? has anyone done this?

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status
Medical Student

B.C the noble clan of SDN said it was great... is this acceptable? has anyone done this?
No please don't do that. There will be many professors who may look down on the site and/or there may be others who simply have no clue what that is and will promptly send your app to the "meh" pile.

They want to know why you want to attend, if one of your main reasons is that someone else told you it was great then the perceived perception is that you really don't want to go there.

Reactions: allantois

lyana

2+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2014
Status
Medical Student

LOL i totally did that!
I still have not heard anything from the school,so my advise don't do it and learn from my mistake.

Reactions: oOKawaiiOo

TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Interviewer: Why do you want to attend this school?

You: Because a bunch of people who I have never met and could possibly be internet trolling, world of Warcraft playing, pot heads, said this was a good school.

Lots of great info on this site but always take it with a grain of salt and search for more reliable sources when possible.

Reactions: Goro and 235009

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
SDN = Wikipedia

Great and easy to use. But can't exactly confirm the info...

There was a dropdown option on one of my recent secondaries for "where did you hear about this school?" which explicitly offered SDN as an option.

Of course I said premedical adviser though.
I wonder if this is how adcom members who post here get commission for their sales work.

Reactions: Crayola227

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space
What a silly idea

That said, I'm the sort of dick that would use the drop down menu, becuz being on a drop down menu totally adds legitimacy to an answer

echo87

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2014
Status
I view the feedback and testimonials given by current/previous students to be invaluable on this forum. I don't see why this resource is something to be ashamed of...

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space
I view the feedback and testimonials given by current/previous students to be invaluable on this forum. I don't see why this resource is something to be ashamed of...
That fact that you don't see the shame in SDN... for shame.

echo87

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2014
Status
I think everyone's being a little silly about all this.