Mentioning I Interviewed Before?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OXStrident

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm reapplying, and my top choice school is my top choice because of how impressed I was by their interview day last year. Should I talk about that, or should I write the "why this school" essay the same as I am for schools I haven't been to?

Members don't see this ad.

Save space and don't mention that you interviewed before. They will know this already.

Re-write your answer to "why this school?" and find ways to mention how've you improved as a person/student since you last interviewed (without explicitly saying it).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
The interview day shouldn't be the only factor you mention in "why this school" but because it is one of the reasons this school is your top choice, you should include it in your essay.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I would assume there were things you loved about the school when you interviewed and not just speaking with an interviewer. You can say I have spoken with faculty / students and their enthusiasm about the program is infectious. You can mention parts about the program you learned without saying they provided the best lunch on interview day. Essentially, the interview day is not indicative of the program or staff you would interact with as a student, there should be underlying things you loved about the program - talk about those. You can also learn stuff online, through friends, or just by walking on campus, they don't have to be linked to an interview.

Reactions: 3 users