Mentioning interviewing at other HCA interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1168269

I have several (4) HCA interviews lined up. I was thinking of bringing up these interviews in a positive light such as "I have been on interviews at other HCA facilities and I really like XYZ aspects of the HCA system which I have learned on the interview trail so far.".

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully you’re interviewing at non HCA places. They don’t exactly have a stellar reputation. Don’t sell yourself short.
What’s the thoughts on working at one after training?

What’s the thoughts on working at one after training?
Have you worked at one during training?

Meditech adds minutes of burden to care of patients / workflow. That is a significant QOL factor to consider - not necessarily a deal-breaker.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Have you worked at one during training?

Meditech adds minutes of burden to care of patients / workflow. That is a significant QOL factor to consider - not necessarily a deal-breaker.
Nope but we had meditech at one of our residency outlying hospitals. It was awful lol.

More so just looking for thoughts on attending jobs. My subspec is pretty sought after (because very few want to do it lol) and there are tons of academic jobs and a few pp. There are a couple HCA employed positions in my geographical preference. As I’m starting the job search post-fellowship, I’m looking at all options.

I haven’t yet decided on where the HCA places will be on my rank list. I’m currently focused on just maximizing my options.

I'm not sure why it's necessary to bring up that you've interviewed at other places - can you not just say "I really like XYZ aspects of the HCA system" without saying you heard about it at other interviews?

I'm not sure why it's necessary to bring up that you've interviewed at other places - can you not just say "I really like XYZ aspects of the HCA system" without saying you heard about it at other interviews?

I thought about that too but then if my answer is "too good" I feel like naturally the interviewer might say "You seem to know a lot about HCA, have you interviewed at other HCA facilities?"

I thought about that too but then if my answer is "too good" I feel like naturally the interviewer might say "You seem to know a lot about HCA, have you interviewed at other HCA facilities?"
They are not allowed to ask whether you have interviewed anywhere else or where.

Unsolicited advice: don't rank the HCA programs unless you absolutely have to.

Reactions: 1 user