Mentoring through youtube?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JessebenBenjamin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ever since I was admitted to medical school (top 10, if it matters) I've been serving as a mentor/guide for younger pre-health students. Recently I've been curious whether a Youtube channel dedicated to explaining the do's and don'ts of the premed track / application process + personal experiences of mine (and those of my classmates) would be helpful to the younger generations.

What do you gals/guys think?

One of the biggest barriers I faced as a first generation premed was the lack of knowledge/mentors that would make me more likely to achieve my dreams.
This is why I wish to compile as much information as possible in one easily accessible place so students facing the same challenges I did don't have to struggle.

Best,

Jesse

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ever since I was admitted to medical school (top 10, if it matters) I've been serving as a mentor/guide for younger pre-health students. Recently I've been curious whether a Youtube channel dedicated to explaining the do's and don'ts of the premed track / application process + personal experiences of mine (and those of my classmates) would be helpful to the younger generations.

What do you gals/guys think?

One of the biggest barriers I faced as a first generation premed was the lack of knowledge/mentors that would make me more likely to achieve my dreams.
This is why I wish to compile as much information as possible in one easily accessible place so students facing the same challenges I did don't have to struggle.

Best,

Jesse
you can do it if you want. But they are like a million of these already on the net

Just don't come to the forum to advertise for free for your channel if you do start one (that's been an issue lately)

Members don't see this ad :)
you can do it if you want. But they are like a million of these already on the net

Hmm you are correct. I browsed around briefly and none of them seem to be all that good. Could mine realistically be better?
I'll have to do some thinking whether I want to pursue this or not then.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm you are correct. I browsed around briefly and none of them seem to be all that good. Could mine realistically be better?
I'll have to do some thinking whether I want to pursue this or not then.
it really depends remember that Khan Academy became a hit because they were innovative and the first to be innovative. anything I'd possible

I think that's a great idea! I'm a first gen premed so I am familiar with the struggle. I don't think it matters that there are already a lot of YT accounts with similar objectives.. The more the better.. Better mentor-me tee ratios.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile