Mercer Alternate List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helster

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter from Mercer about being placed on the alternate list. I have already been accepted to a university that I like in VA..however Mercer would be so much closer to home, and I know people in atl as opposed to the other university. I do not know if anyone else is in the same position...but I am confused about finding living arrangements now. Should I go ahead and look for a place in VA and sign somewhere, or just wait for Mercer...which might in the end reject me or tell me at any time even august. Please help..thanks ....

Members don't see this ad.

I would at least secure a seat with the school of which you've been accepted. As for the living arrangements, try to get a lease that's on a month-to-month basis, and keep places in Atlanta in mind in the event that you get in. I've been placed on the alternate list too, but my girlfriend starts her dental hygiene job around June-July so she'll already be up there. Good luck!

I received the alternate list letter as well from Mercer but I turned down a spot since I've been accepted to another University I am interested in. I think you should still start preparing to go to the school in Virginia, but maybe wait a little longer to sign a lease. That's a tough situation but I hope you get in to Mercer relatively soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone who is on the alternate list hear anything from mercer yet ?
do you know how many students the accepted from their alternate list last year?

does anyone who is on the alternate list hear anything from mercer yet ?
do you know how many students the accepted from their alternate list last year?
I just got a phone call from them today!!! Be patient they'll definitely be calling more people after June 1 which is when the 2nd deposit is due.

thank you for your reply yanniRx and Congratulations!. one of the school i'm accepted to start class on June 16:( .i hope to get their call before then.

I Just Got My Acceptance Call .:hungover:

Last edited:
I got my acceptance call earlier this week!:)

Hmmm... interesting. I called last week and told them I wouldn't be coming. One of you must have gotten my place. Congrats! :)

I got pulled this past tuesday... I got until this Monday to decide:eek:. I have postponed the decision since. I got into UGA & LECOM erie but I am interested in PharmD/Phd program at Mercer. Now comes the dilemma..

I got the pamphlet regarding the program info today.

Any insight about this program? How competitive is it to get in after the first semester? 1-2 students out of 145?? Tuition at UGA is half of Mercer's; in other words, higher tuition at Mercer is an investment for a chance to get in PharmD/Phd program.

I am going to call Dr. D'Souza this Monday. Hopefully,I will get a chance to talk to him/her so that I can make decision in time. I was at NYC all week and just came back so I didn't get a chance to call.