Mercer Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get an interview for 2014 yet or interviewed there in the past? I got an invitation yesterday and was wondering if anyone knows how their format works.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! When did you submit your app?

I haven't heard anything from them since I got an email on September 27 stating that my application was complete and under review.

I'm hoping to hear from them soon. They start reviewing my app Oct 8th. When is the interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
They reviewed mine around mid August.

Im a 2nd year at Mercer... you will do two one-on-one 15 minute interviews with two different faculty members. There will also be a group interview with like 8 other applicants with a faculty member facilitating discussion.

Thats how they did it last year and the year before when I applied..so I assume its going to be the same again.

Awesome thanks for the info! Any idea of how many they interview and when you hear the results?

Class size is 36. The might interview around 50ish that day..a morning session and an afternoon one.

I heard back within like 2 weeks, some people hear back later.

I have one coming up next Saturday (Nov 16th). I did apply at the beginning of August and just heard from them last week.

Reactions: 1 user
I have one coming up next Saturday (Nov 16th). I did apply at the beginning of August and just heard from them last week.

Do you know when they sent you the email saying they were reviewing your app? I applied October 1st and just got that email, so I'm wondering about how long it takes them to review. Thanks!

Do you know when they sent you the email saying they were reviewing your app? I applied October 1st and just got that email, so I'm wondering about how long it takes them to review. Thanks!

I received the review email on Aug 23rd but didn't receive the interview email until Oct 29th. A little late for me, but I've noticed that the earlier on you apply in the cycle, the sooner you get a decision regarding an interview. Hope that helps.

I received the review email on Aug 23rd but didn't receive the interview email until Oct 29th. A little late for me, but I've noticed that the earlier on you apply in the cycle, the sooner you get a decision regarding an interview. Hope that helps.

How'd everyone's interview go? Is Mercer your first choice? Anyone have a clue how many they interview.

How'd everyone's interview go? Is Mercer your first choice? Anyone have a clue how many they interview?

I was nervous but it went all right I guess (worst part is coming up with a perfect answer to the interview question on the drive home! lol) and yes, Mercer is my first choice. I think they interviewed 60 on Sat (30 morning, 30 afternoon) I'll still have to put a deposit down for Nova though as we don't hear from Mercer before Nov 25th. Have an interview at Armstrong this week, anyone have an idea on their format?

Where did you hear Nov. 25th? I've been hearing Dec. 20th???

Also were you in the morning or afternoon. I was at 11:30AM and heard there was a group before and after... There was around 25 in my group.

Do you know if that's there only interview date?

Yes, it is Dec 20th. I was just saying that since I won't hear from Mercer until Dec 20th, I have put down a deposit at Nova as their date to save a spot is Nov 25th.

As for the number of people interviewing, I was in the 8am group and there were about 24 or so in that one. I didn't know there was a group after yours but I did hear someone mention that they were interviewing about 60 that day.

I also don't think they will have another interview date this year, but I'm sure they will have one next year since their final application deadline was Nov 15th.