Mercer Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atl21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI all,
I had a Mercer interview on November 2nd. For some reason, the interviewers did not ask me any questions, all we did was talk like a normal conversation. Instead, I asked them questions about their school. I wonder if anyone's experience is like this. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

HI all,
I had a Mercer interview on November 2nd. For some reason, the interviewers did not ask me any questions, all we did was talk like a normal conversation. Instead, I asked them questions about their school. I wonder if anyone's experience is like this. thank you

Interesting, that wasn't my experience at all. I had a real hardliner for my faculty interview. This lady was TOUGH but the student interview went wonderful and thank God I got in, but it is really dependent on who interviews you, some are more scary than others. A few people I knew there had very easy interviews where it was more like a conversation.

i sent all my applications to Mercer in late December and got an email from them on Feb. 1st stating they got all my paperwork. i've waited almost 3 weeks now and still not heard anything from them for the interview, and my grades are higher than the accepted class average. anyone here with the same situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
i sent all my applications to Mercer in late December and got an email from them on Feb. 1st stating they got all my paperwork. i've waited almost 3 weeks now and still not heard anything from them for the interview, and my grades are higher than the accepted class average. anyone here with the same situation?
I got the application completed interview on the 12th of feb and also turned in my application in late December. This morning I got an interview invite for April 11th, so hang in there... they may contact you soon!
On another note... does anyone know how many they are interviewing or when all their interview dates are taking/have taken place or anything?

I got the application completed interview on the 12th of feb and also turned in my application in late December. This morning I got an interview invite for April 11th, so hang in there... they may contact you soon!
On another note... does anyone know how many they are interviewing or when all their interview dates are taking/have taken place or anything?

I interviewed last week and their interviews are held on Fridays through April. As of last Friday they had filled half of their class. They said they get 2000 applications, interview 400, make offers to 250, and have a final class size of 140. (numbers are rough, but close)

The interview is nice and they make you feel comfortable. (30 min with professor, 30 min with student, 30 minute mingle with assorted people, 30 min campus tour)

FYI, I stayed at the Super8. It's not in their list, but it ended up being $47 with taxes! Plus, it's only 0.6 miles from campus and it was clean.

I sent my supplemental the day before it was due - Jan. 5 (I know I procrastinated.). They gave the "application complete and under review" email Jan 18th. And I'm still waiting to hear from them. I received a letter in the mail yesterday, and I thought it was a rejection letter, but thankfully they just wanted to let me know that I would need to fulfill a few prereq's if I was to be admitted this fall. Other than that, I'm still waiting. My stats are probably way below the average grade-wise, my PCATs are above average. But who knows, I hope to hear from them soon, whether its a rejection or an interview invite...the uncertainty is worrying me. :p

I sent my supplemental the day before it was due - Jan. 5 (I know I procrastinated.). They gave the "application complete and under review" email Jan 18th. And I'm still waiting to hear from them. I received a letter in the mail yesterday, and I thought it was a rejection letter, but thankfully they just wanted to let me know that I would need to fulfill a few prereq's if I was to be admitted this fall. Other than that, I'm still waiting. My stats are probably way below the average grade-wise, my PCATs are above average. But who knows, I hope to hear from them soon, whether its a rejection or an interview invite...the uncertainty is worrying me. :p

RxPanther, i got the interview by e-mail and will be there on April 11th as well!

Farmer, i know it's painful, but they interview until April, so hang in there! oh, and you don't have to tell me about procrastination, i'm one of its well-known acquaintances. haha

Good luck, guys!

I'm in the same boat as yours, except that I submitted my supplemental application toward the end of October. It seems to me that the last interview date is on April 11 (the day before my bday), so there is still hope for both of us! :)/:rolleyes:

Finally, got an interview at Mercer!!! So excited!! It's 10 minute from my place:D, the nearest pharm school. It's just an interview but at least I have a chance :)

cinnamoroll12, my interview date is April 25th. It's so late in the cycle!!! Do you know whether it is rude to call if I can change the schedule for earlier interview dates?

Finally, got an interview at Mercer!!! So excited!! It's 10 minute from my place:D, the nearest pharm school. It's just an interview but at least I have a chance :)

cinnamoroll12, my interview date is April 25th. It's so late in the cycle!!! Do you know whether it is rude to call if I can change the schedule for earlier interview dates?

First of all congrats to you on your interview invite! Do you know the other earlier interview dates available? If there are spots available at other interview dates, I guess you can try to convince them that you have an exam that day or something. I first thought they finished all the interviews already and filled up most of the seats, but then realized that there are really late interview dates, so I now have hope.

I haven't heard from some of my schools, so I was wondering the same thing if it's rude to call and ask for my status of my applications.

I haven't heard from some of my schools, so I was wondering the same thing if it's rude to call and ask for my status of my applications.

I don't think it is. The Admission personal who picked up my phone this morning let me know that I would receive an invitation. I guess she can look in the computer for you if you call.

I don't think it is. The Admission personal who picked up my phone this morning let me know that I would receive an interview invitation. I guess she might be able to look up your file for you if you call.

I don't think it is. The Admission personal who picked up my phone this morning let me know that I would receive an interview invitation. I guess she might be able to look up your file for you if you call.

I just called the Admissions office regarding my status and the lady told me that I will receive a letter from the adcom in a couple of days. She said that she doesn't know what the letter states, so I'm guessing she didn't really want to tell me that I got rejected over the phone? Did the person say that you will receive an invitation by snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also awaiting response or whether i get to interview or not. My file was complete in september, but they said they wanted to wait for my fall grades. But i only needed physics and ochem II to complete their prereqs. i got a letter about a month ago telling me they were still reviewing my file. So i called today and they told me the same thing a said it would prob be another 2 weeks before they decided on interviewing me or not. Has anyone heard a response after being told their file was still under review?

I called the Admissions office regarding my status and the lady told me that I will receive a letter from the adcom in a couple of days. She said that she doesn't know what the letter states.
probably by e-mail for interview invitation. She told me the exact same thing and I got the interview invitation by e-mail the next day.

I am also awaiting response or whether i get to interview or not. My file was complete in september, but they said they wanted to wait for my fall grades. But i only needed physics and ochem II to complete their prereqs. i got a letter about a month ago telling me they were still reviewing my file. So i called today and they told me the same thing a said it would prob be another 2 weeks before they decided on interviewing me or not. Has anyone heard a response after being told their file was still under review?
Have you heard anything since you received that letter? I'm still waiting myself.

kalove07,
I e-mailed Mrs. Sikking a couple of days ago and she assured me that i would receive a letter no later than next week. I hope i at least get an interview, im just a little mad because i got my application in so early, only to be told to send in my fall grades and then told a month later my file is still being reviewed. It was like i had to bug them to finally give me a response. Oh well, just hang in there, mrs. sikking said they had 7 interview days left this cycle. Good luck with everything.

kalove07,
I e-mailed Mrs. Sikking a couple of days ago and she assured me that i would receive a letter no later than next week. I hope i at least get an interview, im just a little mad because i got my application in so early, only to be told to send in my fall grades and then told a month later my file is still being reviewed. It was like i had to bug them to finally give me a response. Oh well, just hang in there, mrs. sikking said they had 7 interview days left this cycle. Good luck with everything.

That's awful. I sent my application in right before the deadline so its only fair that I would have to wait for them to review everyone else's application before mine. I finished all my pre-reqs over a year ago but this is my first time applying. I had no clue that waiting so long could be this intense. Mercer is my only option right now because I've already interviewed at two schools and one placed me on the waiting list and the other I have to wait until the end of next month before they give me a decision. I'll just e-mail her and find out my status. Thanks!

Hey you guys!

I called Mercer last Monday (03/24) to ask about my application status, and Ms. Mary Ellen Sikking told me that I was on "hold," and that I should be receiving a letter in the mail regarding that soon. On Wednesday afternoon (03/26) I received an email from Ms. Sikking inviting me to an interview! My interview date is Wed, April 23rd. Is anyone else interviewing this day?

PS- I got that letter from Mercer on Friday afternoon (dated 03/25), but it only stated that I needed one more course (that I am taking now), and that the admissions committee is continuing to review my application. Odd?

Does anyone know how many spots are still available at Mercer??

My interview date is Wed, April 23rd. Is anyone else interviewing this day?
Yes, I'm going on April 23rd to. 1:00pm. !! See you there!! What yours stats?
Here my stat: sGPA 3.5. 87%. BS. little shadowing experience in pharmacy.

Is April 23rd their last interview date? I called them last week and they said my application was still on hold because they were still reviewing it but now I'm starting to worry that I won't receive an interview. I guess that's what I get for turning it in right before the deadline.

I am interviewing tomorrow. Anyone who has already interviewed/been accepted have any interview tips? Warnings? What was your experience like and what should I expect?

I have interview appointment for april 25th.

I am interviewing tomorrow. Anyone who has already interviewed/been accepted have any interview tips? Warnings? What was your experience like and what should I expect?

oh oh, me too!

Advice anyone?

If you are on the east coast, you may not get this in time for your Friday interview, but here's what I can tell you:

-Parking is no problem (no permit needed, no meters), the camps is small and the location is easy to find
-You'll meet in a conference room with the other interviewees and they'll give you some water, cookies, a packet of Mercer info, and a snazzy orange pen
-The assistant dean will give an opening speech and tell you how the day will proceed, when you will be notified regarding the admission decision and how they evaluate you, and what their program is like
-Then you'll break into 4 groups:
- one group goes on a campus tour (student led), one group meets 1 on 1 with a faculty member for the interview, 1 group meets 1 on 1 with a current student, and one group mingles with students/interviewees/people like Mary Ellen and Melva
-Finally you go home!

It was my least-stressful interview (I had 4 total) and I felt like it was well organized and informative. The questions with the faculty member were pretty standard: why pharmacy, why Mercer, etc. It was very conversational. My student interview was more question after question (why pharmacy, what would you do if you worked in a pharmacy and your coworker didn't get along with you, what is your greatest accomplishment, etc). The mingling session was a bit awkward, but it gave me a chance to ask about their joint MBA program, financial aid, housing, etc.

Relax, "enjoy" the day, and good luck! :luck:

Maybe I'll see you in August.

oh oh, me too!

Advice anyone?

Now I understand why its taking so long to get to my app...I emailed Ms. Sikking and she said that they had 1800 applications this year. 1800!!!

Yes, I'm going on April 23rd to. 1:00pm. !! See you there!! What yours stats?
Here my stat: sGPA 3.5. 87%. BS. little shadowing experience in pharmacy.

Hey guys, im also going at 1:00pm on the 23rd, see you guys there!
-Davy Gia Nguyen

Anybody recieved any acceptance from Mercer in the last few days.

I haven't, I interviewed the 11th.
I was under the impression that we wouldn't be hearing until next week though.

They are supposed to the first week of May to discuss the last two sets of interviews and anyone that has been waitlisted.

Hey y'all:

Mercer called me today at about 5pm and told me that I have been ACCEPTED! So, keep your cellphones on you, I'm sure they are going to be calling people all this week. Yay! :hardy:

They said they are making decisions this week. So if we don't get a call or a letter in the mail by May 5th, then we can give them a call to find out our status. I haven't received anything yet... did anyone else get accepted?

They called me this morning. When I interviewed on 4/11 they said they would meet the first week in May... I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon.

They called me this morning. When I interviewed on 4/11 they said they would meet the first week in May... I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon.

Awesome, so you're in? But, are you even going (I'm looking at your signature)? Technically, this week does start the first week of May. The staff told us that they would be meeting this week since they wrapped up interviews on Friday (4/25). I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon either, but it's good b/c now I don't have to wait in anticipation :).

Awesome, so you're in? But, are you even going (I'm looking at your signature)? Technically, this week does start the first week of May. The staff told us that they would be meeting this week since they wrapped up interviews on Friday (4/25). I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon either, but it's good b/c now I don't have to wait in anticipation :).
actually no, I will not be going... tough decision, I was really impressed with Mercer, but UT will be more practical and cost effective.

So no phone call would mean either a rejection letter or waitlist letter is coming in the mail? Sad day :(

I thought I did awesome in the interview too. Would they consider your spring grades at all? Should I send them in if I get waitlisted?

So no phone call would mean either a rejection letter or waitlist letter is coming in the mail? Sad day :(

I thought I did awesome in the interview too. Would they consider your spring grades at all? Should I send them in if I get waitlisted?

Hey..I am right with you... I still haven't anything:) .. I have been checking for voicemail/missed calls all day.. But I guess being waitlisted still be better than getting rejected.. One of the student I talked to on the interview day told me that he was pulled from waitlist in June (when is the deadline for 2nd deposit and when some accepted student will give up the spots). So it's best to send them your Spring grade.. I don't think my interview went great and there were embarrassing/clumsy moments but I'll see soon..

Hope you hear from them soon!!

Yes - send in your grades unless you get a rejection in the meantime. I am personally acquainted with at least two situations where the student was not actually called and given a seat in the class until about 2 weeks before school started in August. In other words, they will continue to pull off the waitlist all through the summer if they have situations come up where people decline their seat at the last minute.

Thank you guys...I will just have to hope for the best

No phone calls or anything yet for me... I have a feeling a rejection or waitlist letter is on its way! Oh wells... lol

I got a phone call yesterday morning (interviewed 4/11). They said there would be something in the mail in the next few days.

However, I will not be attending Mercer, so that is another seat for all you waiting.

I intervied on 04/25 and recieved a phone call yesterday. Accepted!